Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Union Station
Posted By: Jeremiah Griffin, 04-16-2021, 06:04 PM

Here are three scenes from around Union Station I in Washington D.C.

Feel free to critique if you wish

---------- Post added 04-16-21 at 06:24 PM ----------

Pentax forums seems not to like embedding images from fstoppers, but I can't delete the thread and start over so I guess I'll post the photos in this reply.

Views: 422
04-17-2021, 05:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love the symmetry of the arches with the people in the distance. Nice shot.
The majesty of the flag poles and columns is really disrupted by the contrast of the tent. That's a story in socio-economic contrasts, and I think there is more to that story you could expand on.
The questioning look on the smoker's face is amazing.
Thanks for sharing these.
04-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
I love the symmetry of the arches with the people in the distance. Nice shot.
The majesty of the flag poles and columns is really disrupted by the contrast of the tent. That's a story in socio-economic contrasts, and I think there is more to that story you could expand on.
The questioning look on the smoker's face is amazing.
Thanks for sharing these.
Thanks! That's what I like the most about the photograph witht he tent - it feels like it has a lot of contemporary events referenced in it. The masks, the police officers, the flag at half mast (this was right after the order to lower them for the covid deaths) and so on. It's one of the pictures I am more pleased with than not.
04-28-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
lovely series of shots - really like the framing and composition!