Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A Few Abstractions
Posted By: mel, 11-22-2008, 06:55 PM

of the macro variety. Just playing around for fun. And to take my mind off the car my teenager just totaled.

Views: 2,357
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
Damn Brit

Double ouch. (one ouch was too short)

11-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Double ouch. (one ouch was too short)
Yeah that too. It wasn't the first word that popped into my head but that word did have 4 letters as well
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It seems we have the same way of working out frustrations....grab the camera to calm down. I feel for you. My oldest son also smashed up the family car. At least it was just OUR brick wall, but man the car didn't fair well, and the wall cost $2,000 to fix. He was so mad at his mistake (thought he was in forward instead of reverse and hit the wall hard), that he threw his drivers license and swore he would never drive again, but he did (and does). I don't think he had his drivers license for more than a month at the time. Now he is the best driver I've ever ridden with. He drove my sister's huge motor home all the way across county (zigzagging) for a total of 4,261 miles. His brother turned 18 last March and still doesn't drive. Suits me just fine, just the insurance is incredible for a teen driver.
I enjoyed your macros Mel. I really like the leaves a lot. Keep your chin up. My sister likes to say, "it's only money". Actually drives me nuts because only someone with enough money says that with a straight face. I ain't there yet ya know?
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Mel, I really like the "curling wave" #3... I wanna surf it in my kayak. Sorry to hear about the car. At least he'll learn a lesson from this while he's young. I didn't start doing real damage to cars until my middle 20's .

11-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images Me, sorry about the car but glad that the teenager is alright.
11-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #21
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
It seems we have the same way of working out frustrations....grab the camera to calm down. I feel for you. My oldest son also smashed up the family car. At least it was just OUR brick wall, but man the car didn't fair well, and the wall cost $2,000 to fix. He was so mad at his mistake (thought he was in forward instead of reverse and hit the wall hard), that he threw his drivers license and swore he would never drive again, but he did (and does). I don't think he had his drivers license for more than a month at the time. Now he is the best driver I've ever ridden with. He drove my sister's huge motor home all the way across county (zigzagging) for a total of 4,261 miles. His brother turned 18 last March and still doesn't drive. Suits me just fine, just the insurance is incredible for a teen driver.
I enjoyed your macros Mel. I really like the leaves a lot. Keep your chin up. My sister likes to say, "it's only money". Actually drives me nuts because only someone with enough money says that with a straight face. I ain't there yet ya know?
Only money. Yeah I ain't there yet either. And after this? Well, gee, how many lenses could the repair bill buy? I do hope he learns but he's already expressing some frustration and a wee bit of anger over the fact that I won't let him borrow a functioning vehicle for his social life. Work and school? Okay, we'll work that out, but running around with friends? You don't smash up one car then just take another for that. Sorry. I'm a mean parent.

Thanks LaRee

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Mel, I really like the "curling wave" #3... I wanna surf it in my kayak. Sorry to hear about the car. At least he'll learn a lesson from this while he's young. I didn't start doing real damage to cars until my middle 20's .
Thanks. I liked that one too. I had about 4 or 5 shots of the curl I liked and had a hard time deciding which to post. I enjoy making ordinary things look completely different.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice images Me, sorry about the car but glad that the teenager is alright.

Thanks Heinrich
11-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Yeah that too. It wasn't the first word that popped into my head but that word did have 4 letters as well
I'm sure that word was "darn".

Sorry to hear about your #1 son and glad that he is OK. I'm surprised that the suv was considered totaled. Doesn't look all that bad from the outside, but like you said, there must be a lot of damage to the engine compartment.

BTW, nice shots. Also, I have been very successful obtaining a few Taks from ebay using your "low cost method". Thanks again.

11-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #23
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I'm sure that word was "darn".

Sorry to hear about your #1 son and glad that he is OK. I'm surprised that the suv was considered totaled. Doesn't look all that bad from the outside, but like you said, there must be a lot of damage to the engine compartment.

BTW, nice shots. Also, I have been very successful obtaining a few Taks from ebay using your "low cost method". Thanks again.
"Totaled" is relative to the value of the vehicle and this one isn't worth a whole lot. It doesn't take much body work to get there.

Yeah the word was darn. Can't wait to see your tak shots.