Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Streamlet
Lens: Pentacon 4/300 Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Austria ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: othar, 04-27-2021, 11:28 PM

Streamlet next to the Danube in Linz, Austria

Views: 304
04-28-2021, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice spring shot. Clicking on the image, the full resolution on Flickr looks much sharper.
04-28-2021, 12:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Nice spring shot. Clicking on the image, the full resolution on Flickr looks much sharper.
It's an issue I have too - when posting photos here they lose a bit of sharpness. It's somewhat disappointing!
04-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
It's an issue I have too - when posting photos here they lose a bit of sharpness. It's somewhat disappointing!
The original is 3000 pixel wide, downsized by some unknown (to me) algorithm to a width of 1024 pixel. My guess is, that the smaller size gets less sharpening applied then when exported from LR (or similar software)
It also depends on the monitor I use when viewing, with my PC the image looks sharper than on my mobile phone.