Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Home Finches
Lens: Pentax DA 55-300 PLM + 1.4X TC Camera: Pentax KP ISO: 1100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: reh321, 04-28-2021, 07:01 AM

The top of one of the posts that supports our front porch is exposed. A few years ago, an American Robin made her nest there, but flew away every time we used the front door, so her eggs never hatched.
The next year, I moved the nest {it happens very fast!} to a bush alongside the front door, then used duct tape to cover the top of the post. The duct tape "solution" was ugly, so I eventually put an old wren house I found in the garage up there, because it didn't leave enough room for a Robin - but it did leave enough room for Wrens, so the next year a pair of them moved in and scolded us from a nearby tree every time we used the front porch. This year I put a wren house on the tree - and now some House Finches seem to have moved in.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 286
04-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I sat on the floor of the kitchen while taking those photos.
I had an assistant part of the time - Annie sat on the bread machine.
Attached Images

04-28-2021, 07:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lucky you, you have first row. I bet Annie wants to go outside
04-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Lucky you, you have first row. I bet Annie wants to go outside
Thank you for your comment.

Actually, I typically miss much of what there is to see, because the wren house is higher than the window, so I have to either get very close {and chase away the birds as they see me before I see them} or sit on the floor {which is why I was down there when I took these photos}. In fact, my wife first saw me sitting there before she saw the camera, and was concerned for my health at first. Annie is intrigued by the birds and squirrels, but I'm not sure she'd know what to do if she did get outside - and it would be even worse if she did chase them {firemen no longer use their ladders to rescue foolish cats}.