Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Flat Mexican band
Lens: Pentax '06 Camera: Pentax Q-7 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: reh321, 05-12-2021, 07:14 AM

"Hacienda" is a local chain of "Mexican" restaurants. At one time, we had a local enclosed mall, and they parked a 1950's Chevrolet painted as a "Mexican taxi" next to the entrance nearest their local facility.
The owners of that mall eventually decided that people would rather park nearer to the store they were going to {a decision my parents approved of, but my wife and I disapproved of}, so they tore down the enclosed mall and constructed a "strip mall". During the interim, the 'taxi' was hauled to a different location, but now the local restaurant has this 'three man band' on its top.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Views: 262
05-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice photo from the Q. Lots of work and expense got us to the "Flat Mexican band".
05-12-2021, 09:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice photo from the Q. Lots of work and expense got us to the "Flat Mexican band".
Thank you for your comment.

I started off with the '01 lens {'standard' lens, basically equivalent in concept to using a 50mm on a 35mm camera}, but that required that I stand too close.

So, I kept backing up. Before long, I was using the "telephoto" '06 {equivalent to 45-135mm on a "APS-C" camera}.
I was nearly out of the parking lot and had changed angles from looking at the SW side to looking at the NW side {in late afternoon the sun was now off my shoulder when it had been at my back when I started}.
I knew there was a good view there somewhere - I just had to find it.