Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Virginia's wild rose
Posted By: blues_hawk, 05-15-2021, 08:38 AM

Views: 375
05-16-2021, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #2
dlhawes

For which we can thank Mr. Jefferson for having imported this non-indiginous and invasive species. Since that flower was associated with the cult of Mary Magdalene and certain secret societies originating in the middle ages, I've often wondered whether Jefferson who considered himself a "deist" wasn't really a Rosicrucian or some such.
If you love wild roses and rocks, Fauquier Co. is the place to be.
All that aside, I really like those little flowers. It's not obvious that your excellent macro shot illustrates a flower that measures about ten or twelve millimeters across.
05-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
White flowers are always difficult to photograph, but you have done a good job of getting it and the darker areas without washing out the flower itself.
07-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
For which we can thank Mr. Jefferson for having imported this non-indiginous and invasive species. Since that flower was associated with the cult of Mary Magdalene and certain secret societies originating in the middle ages, I've often wondered whether Jefferson who considered himself a "deist" wasn't really a Rosicrucian or some such.
If you love wild roses and rocks, Fauquier Co. is the place to be.
All that aside, I really like those little flowers. It's not obvious that your excellent macro shot illustrates a flower that measures about ten or twelve millimeters across.
I heard they were used as early hedgerow fences as well. Thanks for commenting!

07-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
White flowers are always difficult to photograph, but you have done a good job of getting it and the darker areas without washing out the flower itself.
Thank you! The nearly perpetual clouds may have helped a little.