Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Wildflowers of Cumberland Gap National Historic Park
Lens: D FA 100 Macro Camera: K1 
Posted By: tncasual, 05-16-2021, 09:09 AM

I took a day trip up to Cumberland Gap National Historic Park at the intersection of Kentucky, Virgina and Tennessee. It is getting towards the end of spring wildflower season.

Views: 353
05-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely images, rich and sometimes subtle colors.

I've only been as far SW as Breaks Interstate Park, but seeing these photos encourages me to make another trip.
05-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Lovely images, rich and sometimes subtle colors.

I've only been as far SW as Breaks Interstate Park, but seeing these photos encourages me to make another trip.
Me, too! I was looking the park over on a map just the other day. Only thing is, it took me ten hours just to drive to Breaks to see the biggest gorge East of the Mississippi. It's going to have to be a vacation of a week or so, I reckon.
05-16-2021, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlhawes Quote
It's going to have to be a vacation of a week or so, I reckon.
We went last September for 2.5 days during Labor Day weekend. It was worth the 6 hour drive.
I prefer a vacation where I park the car and don't need to use it until the day I leave. I liked the park very much, we stayed in one of the lodges, and ate at the restaurant in the park, and hiked most of the trails, which offer a good variety of easy to challenging. The Notches trail goes through some deep old growth forest, fantastic!