Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Time, You Ain't No Friend Of Mine. "
Lens: Canon EF-S 18~135mm,IS,STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Photo Location: Study ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Tonytee, 05-30-2021, 11:45 PM

Manual Exposure Mode and a little Noise from the High ISO.

Thanks very much for viewing.

tt
Views: 266
05-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tony, you've nailed the focus, maybe a touch more DOF would help. Next you'll be tweaking the lighting. Product shots are much harder to do than people think, and you're getting better results each attempt.
05-31-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Tony, you've nailed the focus, maybe a touch more DOF would help. Next you'll be tweaking the lighting. Product shots are much harder to do than people think, and you're getting better results each attempt.
Thank you very much for your uplifting review sir.

tt
05-31-2021, 04:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice effort and results Tony. I have dabbled with photographing some of my watches, but so far they haven't turned out that good. ProfessorBuzz is right, it isn't as easy as it looks...

05-31-2021, 06:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nice effort and results Tony. I have dabbled with photographing some of my watches, but so far they haven't turned out that good. ProfessorBuzz is right, it isn't as easy as it looks...

Thank you very much for your comprehensive comments. I totally understand your meaning. I was really frustrated because I could not achieve the desired result I was after using all of my Pentax gear including third party lenses, speedlights and the built-in flash with the K-7. Finally I decided to move up in technology by getting a hold of my Canon EOS 7d Mk II with the aforementioned lens. Not 100% of what I was after, but I realized that these subjects should be worked on in a studio setting where props and even lighting assists can be manipulated to attain the desired result. Oh well, as they say in Swahili, "Back to the drawing board." My friend, again many thanks.

tt