Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More Low Key Shots. Getting better at PP
Posted By: metroeloise, 11-26-2008, 12:29 AM

To begin with the drummers are in The Wild Buffalo with minimal lighting. Getting the hang of using LightRoom's slightly more advanced features. Over the weekend I will be using paintshotpro to bring out more and to work with layers. Once I solve my video card problem and get photoshop cs4 extended I will go at these again. I am culling my collection for the captures that are favorites. Fielding suggestions in techniques and approaches too! Thanks for viewing.

#1 A group shot:

#2 Solo with character:

#3 Seeking out how far you can bring noise up if you still have something clean (the hands). Does it work?

#4 Like the light

Views: 2,214
11-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Excellent work here. I really like the sepia tone to the shots.
11-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Good series, you are certainly growing. It's a bit of a shame the musicians aren't demonstrating the same level of enthusiasm that you were putting in to shoot them.
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Excellent work here. I really like the sepia tone to the shots.
Thanks! Playing with eyeballing the white balance. Going more for what looks good rather than what looks "right." A friend asked me about getting too fake... Hum? I understand the concern, sure. I figure when the commission is to output "photo realist" then we have and issue. If not it is all about where the play brings you and where you bring the play.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Good series, you are certainly growing. It's a bit of a shame the musicians aren't demonstrating the same level of enthusiasm that you were putting in to shoot them.
Thank, Garry. This was for a fundraiser. I think they got corralled. Nice of them. Early in the event and not many people there. Now to the real topic: There is a synergy between the subject and the photographer. And it is contagious. My returning to the photos that I am using as material for learning photoshop is totally from the energy I still feel from them, from the original subjects. Even a sunset or an object. When I work the clubs I am dancing and consciously attempt to "hunt" for the moment's movement to capture the movement's moment. ( ) Working the mutual feedback. This bunch were also camera shy. I shot with the 50 and was feet zooming. More intimidating to those so disposed.