Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

I have indulged myself...
Posted By: roentarre, 11-26-2008, 04:24 AM

This is Numruk Shark local to victoria Australia.

The chef did some wonder to the fish - so tender and mouth watering with tang.

Very nice dish but I had to get some mcdonald afterwards...

Voigtlander 40mm f2

Views: 2,706
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Very nice.. I wish I had some of those meals right now!!!

11-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I am not a big fish guy, but this looks good. Is this natural light?
I am a little like fish fanatic myself and a lot of fish I find in the markets are not fresh enough by my standards

The shot is taken with available light coming through the windows. I did turn the dish around and all the people in the restaurants stare me as usual treating me as a tourist. As usual. This works towards my advantage to take more photographs around the restaurant.

Voigtlander 40mm f2 has that popping colour stopping down to f8. A great lens in fact.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You made that dish look really good James, I hope you are watching your mercury intake. If you had to eat a McD after that, you might also want to check for parasitic worms as well.
Damn it, now you've got e looking at the Voigtlander 40mm again, you talked me out of it a while back.
Luckily, I can eat dead rats from dad's old kitchen and indulged myself over a meat pie with pigeon feet in which the nails were semi stewed. So I guess parasitic worm is not that terrible comparing to these things as long as it does not travel to my brain or heart, I will be alright

Voigtlander 40mm f2 is really not that much different from fa 43 optically. Just that voigtlander version is more clinically sharp with clarity, cooler tone with a touch of high contrast even wide open comparing to fa 43 at f2

The whole basis of pursuading you from not buying it is its background bokeh similar to Fa 43 mm: harsh at a lot of times, ugly colour rendering in bokeh ...

However, sharp corner at f2 and it its manual focus feel is better than Fa 43 ltd

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
That looks really good James, You always have the best food shots I have tried Mako and Blue Shark and think it is quite good, nice texture too. (great on the grill)
I love food so maybe I infuse a little emotion into it when I take the shot. It is like mum's saying that cook with love or whatever kind of thing. I shoot with love hehe

Thanks for the appraisal.

Here is the snapper dish I got from Lorne in Victoria Australia. A wonderful delight on the tongue with strong citrus and coriander taste. So refreshing in a hot weather

11-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
James, you disappoint me. Mc Donalds after that? LOL, but it is a very nice photo.

Take care,
Your waterfall shot really does it for me. I love that kind of waterflow with right aperture spot on!

McDonald can be ok if not eating too frequently. However, my work place provides the meals that are sooooo fattening where the food tastes like s**t as well.

As I am typing, I am gulping down my 5th Latte today.

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Ha ha! It looks like it was too healthy then, great photo!
Hi George, no time no see. I have not been too active lately and thank you for your feedback

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
James... thanks for the invite!! great shot.. JIMBO
Thank you, Jimbo. I guess that I had not taken many images lately that this shot will do

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
Amazing photo. Food shots are always welcome.
Don't you just love going to expensive restaurants, tons of money for small portions...
When I do fine dining, I forget about having large portion size because I am expecting fine cooking skill with good presentation. As long as I am not being belittled by the waiter/waitresses, I am ok with the dining experience. I do write bad things for bad service instead of bad cooking...

11-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Tasty!

I am interested in food and fine manual focus lenses. Brought me something to chew on for both of those, thanks.