Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11 Likes  
The Iris Nebula.
Posted By: aitrus3, 06-25-2021, 11:31 AM

This is the Iris nebula, with better collimation than M51 but not quite perfect still. Square edit, as I missed the framing I was going for.

Views: 846
07-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
It's fairly apparent from observation...
The sensor moves back-forth, up and down and side to side but it doesn't spin around it's axis which would be the only way to account for field rotation.
Well, again, you're stating that, but I don't know if the algorithm doesn't actually rotate the sensor. At least in the K3iii, the stabilisation is 5 axis, so it would seem surprising if they have only implemented two-dimensional translation in astrotracer, especially when the most common motion is a wide angle shot will be rotation, and the camera implements horizon correction in normal modes.

07-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's fairly apparent from observation...
The sensor moves back-forth, up and down and side to side but it doesn't spin around it's axis which would be the only way to account for field rotation.

I concur with this. I got to play with the in body stabilizer assembly when I full spectrum converted my K5 last year and it is indeed locked to not rotate. I also have had better results working along the east west with the o-gps1, though wider exposures work even to the north.
In reference to something I read recently, I also haven't been able to get the bulb setup to work on the k50, as it shows Bulb OR Astrotracer in setup, which I found a bit limiting compared to a tracking mount.

QuoteOriginally posted by =aitrus3 Quote
Um. They don't come down often. We are a small little community. I've had deer and skunks though.
We have black bears down here and they get a bit nosy sometimes. They're generally very docile though.
Still, when you're sitting in pitch black darkness trying to set something up and suddenly feel a cold wet nose on the back of your leg it is very difficult not to scream...as the possum screams back at you from the nearest tree. :P
07-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is the Iris nebula, with better collimation than M51 but not quite perfect still. Square edit, as I missed the framing I was going for.

and at Warp 10, how long to get there?