Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Gone fishing
Posted By: Jimbo, 11-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Theses are the same pictures. The second is the orginal, as shot. The first I have done the PP work including added a watercolor effect. The day is really foggy and light was onthe low side. JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-14-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Views: 2,592
11-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Jimbo, somehow the 2nd shot has more speed and impact comparing to the first shot. I understand that the first shot has better clarity to the boat itself and better contrast overall. The speed is a better message coming out of the 2nd shot
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jimbo, somehow the 2nd shot has more speed and impact comparing to the first shot. I understand that the first shot has better clarity to the boat itself and better contrast overall. The speed is a better message coming out of the 2nd shot
Interesting read on the image.. maybe changing the effect [watercolor] it changed the look of motion / speed. anyway, just play with a old shot to see what can be done. JIMBO
11-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Damn Brit

I agree, although the clarity suffers a little the second looks more of an action shot.

11-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I have to agree the speed seems to be better in the second picture, I like the clarity of the first and would be willing to give up a little speed for the clarity, but thats only my opinion.

Let me know where you end up, roentarre has always had good value to his comments and I can see his point but I like the first better.

John
11-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I have to agree.
Nice shot Jimbo
11-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Interesting read on the image.. maybe changing the effect [watercolor] it changed the look of motion / speed. anyway, just play with a old shot to see what can be done. JIMBO
I don't see any speed dfference, but it's past my bed time. The PP looks good.

11-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I agree, although the clarity suffers a little the second looks more of an action shot.
Thanks Gary... I have looked at these two shoots for awhile and I think the eye is playing tricks as the PP one is a little darker on the boat where the second one is lighter making the water closer to the boats contrast thus blending in on the movement better. I will continie to work the image ti see what I can do. JIMBO

QuoteQuote:
I don't see any speed dfference, but it's past my bed time. The PP looks good.
when you use the Watercolor effect I like to keep it on the shaper side. I may need to tone the water and boat's contrast down a bit to vlend better... Just my thoughts. we were go after Sturgeon... JIMBO

PS: I will ahow couple we caught later. JIMBO
11-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Love this shot Jim, great action. What a beautiful river boat, looks like a lot of fun. The second shot seems more real to me, it captures the feel of a damp misty B.C. day.
11-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Love this shot Jim, great action. What a beautiful river boat, looks like a lot of fun. The second shot seems more real to me, it captures the feel of a damp misty B.C. day.
Thanks Scott... though I am leaning towards #1. I put together a calendar every year for customers that I fish with. We do a different theme's every year. This year Blues Brothers, last year.. clowns and the year before we all wore kilts. I may share some pictures!! JIMBO