Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Just Tree Trunks and Grapevines
Lens: Vario_Sonnar T* 28-100 Camera: Sony DSC-RX100 Photo Location: Sacramento Bike Trail ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: angkymac, 07-02-2021, 05:45 PM

How does a scruffy little cottonwood trunk, appearing behind a hole in the grapevines and poison-oak have any photogenic appeal?
But here it is!
Sorry it's not a Pentax image! I can no longer carry my "huge" K1 in this wild green space area along the American River, due to the "residents" who have, several times, confronted me for carrying a camera. So I take my diminutive little Sony RX100, and can still get some pretty good pictures without so much opposition. (I'm a nature photographer, not a people photographer, but people believe what they think they see, not what really is.)
Anyway, I was glad to get the image early this morning. Critiques on the image are appreciated.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100  Photo 

Views: 265
07-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lush with vegetation. It's difficult to understand why people would object to a person carrying a camera in a nature area. I frequently carry my KP on hiking trails and in nature preserves, and, infrequently see anyone else carrying a camera.
07-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That's discouraging, people being suspicious of you and your camera.

As for the image, I walk around paths with similar scenes so I'm getting the same feelings as I do when I encounter that just.. hot and humid, that tree just comes out of nowhere though
07-02-2021, 09:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The trunk is nicely framed by the vegetation so well spotted.

07-03-2021, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Lush with vegetation. It's difficult to understand why people would object to a person carrying a camera in a nature area. I frequently carry my KP on hiking trails and in nature preserves, and, infrequently see anyone else carrying a camera.
Thanks for viewing, and for commenting!

---------- Post added 07-03-21 at 10:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pkboy Quote
That's discouraging, people being suspicious of you and your camera.

As for the image, I walk around paths with similar scenes so I'm getting the same feelings as I do when I encounter that just.. hot and humid, that tree just comes out of nowhere though
MikeNArk & pkboy-- Thanks for noting the strange adversity to cameras. Here is probably the explanation:
I've been told that the explanation of the suspicion must be that some of the people who have taken up (tent) residence in this area probably have outstanding warrants. So they are paranoid of any photos. Nature areas around here are becoming refuges for people who used to never live in these places. So people who previously went to these areas to view the scenery are becoming afraid to do so.
But the scenery is still very beautiful.
I'm glad you folks appreciate the surprise of the tree trunk suddenly showing up through the framing vines--as I was.
Angky.

---------- Post added 07-03-21 at 10:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The trunk is nicely framed by the vegetation so well spotted.
Yes! It just suddenly appeared as I walked past. Deserved to be spotted and imaged, I thought.
Angky.