Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Arranged #6
Lens: Tamron 17-50 Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Sweden ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Elvy Annika Nykvist, 07-04-2021, 10:55 PM

Coffie with cake

Attached Images

Views: 415
07-05-2021, 01:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tell me, how do you process your photos?
07-05-2021, 03:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
Tell me, how do you process your photos?
How do you mean? As low as possible. My goal is to do most things already in the camera. I'm lazy and don't want to spend hours at the computer.

Last edited by Elvy Annika Nykvist; 07-05-2021 at 03:21 AM.
07-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I noticed that you have been posting a lot of photos lately. And you are passionate about photography. While this is not a criticism section, I would like to advise you to focus more on post-processing. Of course, that's none of my business, but it always annoys me when a good shot doesn't look its best.

07-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I noticed that you have been posting a lot of photos lately. And you are passionate about photography. While this is not a criticism section, I would like to advise you to focus more on post-processing. Of course, that's none of my business, but it always annoys me when a good shot doesn't look its best.
It was interesting and I would like to know more about how they can be done better, seen from your eyes. For me, I am completely satisfied otherwise I wouldn't post them. So I hope you can pinpoint what makes them annoyed.

---------- Post added 07-05-21 at 11:06 AM ----------

ok, if it is the cropping of this post I agree, wrong image I pict, I had another one wich is better, so I'm sorry for that. Otherwise feel comfortable criticizing my photos, I appreciate it. I know I have my own style that not everyone likes. But photography for me is relaxing and I do not take photos to get likes. But I find it interesting with constructive criticism.

---------- Post added 07-05-21 at 11:08 AM ----------

ok, if it is the cropping of this post I agree, wrong image I pict, I had another one wich is better, so I'm sorry for that. Otherwise feel comfortable criticizing my photos, I appreciate it. I know I have my own style that not everyone likes. But photography for me is relaxing and I do not take photos to get likes. But I find it interesting with constructive criticism.
07-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do not pretend in any way to change your style. Everyone sees things differently. And for me, photography is also not a job. But if you at least adjust the white balance, paint over the upper-right black corner, then the photo will become less careless. It will not take much time and effort. It seems to me that the attention to detail makes the photo more meaningful
07-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I do not pretend in any way to change your style. Everyone sees things differently. And for me, photography is also not a job. But if you at least adjust the white balance, paint over the upper-right black corner, then the photo will become less careless. It will not take much time and effort. It seems to me that the attention to detail makes the photo more meaningful
Thanks for the explanation and your opinion. You can get confused if you get negative criticism that is not specified. I learned in a very inspiring group that if you give negative criticism, you should also give 2 positive observations in a picture. All so that the desire for photography is not spoiled. No problem in my case as I am confident in my photography. But I thought a bit about other posts.

---------- Post added 07-05-21 at 12:31 PM ----------

Yes that corner is edited in the right image, but as I said, I'm sorry to post the original....

07-06-2021, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, seeing as how someone else started out a little picky (no criticism intended there though, Fdooch!) can I make a couple of suggestions (again, not intended as criticism, just suggestions as food for thought):
  1. How do you think this particular shot might have looked if taken from a lower angle, almost level with the subject(s)?
  2. Perhaps, rather than flooding a page with your single images, you might consider sometimes putting pics that are part of a series into a single post?

That said, I like a number of your recent contributions - and you are obviously having fun with your experiments, which is the main point when taking images mainly for your own satisfaction!! So keep it going!
07-06-2021, 02:05 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Эльви Анника Нюквист Quote
Я узнал в очень вдохновляющей группе, что если вы даете негативную критику, вы также должны дать 2 положительных наблюдения в картине. Все для того, чтобы желание фотографировать не испортилось.
By encouraging mediocrity, we drown in the mass of those who really burn with their work, want to develop and grow, overcoming the pain of failure. If someone is dissuaded from taking up photography by criticism, then he can live without it. Leave encouraging speeches to politicians.

---------- Post added 07-06-21 at 12:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by От К2 до К50 Quote
никакой критики там не было, Fdooch!
I tried to be extremely correct and chose my words for a long time. After all, it was possible to mention the crumpled tablecloth and withered leaves on the flower and the general composition in which the handle of the cup, the spoon and the glass merge. And the fact that the cake does not look edible, and the flower sticks out right in the eye with its stem. But I just asked for white balance.
07-06-2021, 05:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
OK, seeing as how someone else started out a little picky (no criticism intended there though, Fdooch!) can I make a couple of suggestions (again, not intended as criticism, just suggestions as food for thought):
  1. How do you think this particular shot might have looked if taken from a lower angle, almost level with the subject(s)?
  2. Perhaps, rather than flooding a page with your single images, you might consider sometimes putting pics that are part of a series into a single post?

That said, I like a number of your recent contributions - and you are obviously having fun with your experiments, which is the main point when taking images mainly for your own satisfaction!! So keep it going!
Answer to nr 2; It has its explanation, the competition for "Giveaway: HD Pentax-FA 31/43 / 77mm | Enter here once per day until July 31st" which requires 7 posts per day and it was also a recommendation from the administrator to put them in series with #

Last edited by Elvy Annika Nykvist; 07-06-2021 at 06:21 AM.
07-06-2021, 07:38 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Elvy Annika Nykvist Quote
Answer to nr 2; It has its explanation, the competition for "Giveaway: HD Pentax-FA 31/43 / 77mm | Enter here once per day until July 31st" which requires 7 posts per day and it was also a recommendation from the administrator to put them in series with #
Even as I asked that question I wondered if that might be the answer! Fair enough!