Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A tram in Kolkota
Lens: 6mm Camera: Ricoh GR IV Photo Location: Kolkota, India Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: saley, 07-06-2021, 06:22 PM

I wish that I had been brave enough to catch one of these old brutes, but I had no idea where it actually went to, and whether it would be straightforward getting back. first impression is that it offers the same comfort level as the suburban trains.

Attached Images

Views: 269
07-06-2021, 07:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I was stationed in Panama in 1968, I once boarded a local bus with friends in Panama City. We got off at the first location that we recognized after boarding. Interesting train.
07-07-2021, 01:40 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by saley Quote
A tram in Kolkota
Fine colourful image in a shabby kinda way.

From a time when things were built to last or least be repairable... not like now.
07-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by saley Quote
I wish that I had been brave enough to catch one of these old brutes, but I had no idea where it actually went to, and whether it would be straightforward getting back. first impression is that it offers the same comfort level as the suburban trains.
A nice, classic view of a train.

07-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
From a time when things were built to last or least be repairable... not like now.
I don't know how railroads that operate in Scotland function, but here in the US, virtually every major railroad {and some minor ones} operate at least one 'shop', where major maintenance is done.
The one operated by "AMTRAK" {who provides national passenger service} even finishes construction {mainly adding trucks and couplers} of imported 'light rail' and passenger cars.
When my wife and I rode on AMTRAK about ten years ago, the train included a dining car from the 1950's.
The life they can get from this equipment is truly amazing.