Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Eagles 2-3
Posted By: Jimbo, 11-28-2008, 02:29 PM

Ok, the first is from yesterday and the next one was shot last winter using my Tamron 18-250... both are cropped with a small PP adjustment... JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-14-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Views: 1,973
11-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Intesting... no comments on this one yet! I really like the second one.. Oh well... Back to the drawing board... Cheers JIMBO
11-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just discovered the post and like the second one. Nice and sharp and very good exposre. Maybe not the most 'classic' shot but still very good. The first is not bad, but maybe due to the light and surroundings it seems to lack a little contrast or something. I guess I wish the left eagle's head didn't blend into the water as much. What's the other one got though, A big fish?
11-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I just discovered the post and like the second one. Nice and sharp and very good exposre. Maybe not the most 'classic' shot but still very good. The first is not bad, but maybe due to the light and surroundings it seems to lack a little contrast or something. I guess I wish the left eagle's head didn't blend into the water as much. What's the other one got though, A big fish?
Thanks Peter.. what I like about the shot is it wasn't a classic shot... just different! Thanks for commenting. See, its a dead Salmon... JIMBO

11-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think many people (at least here in the US) are still recoving from our Thanksgiving holiday.... I like the first one best... mainly because it reminds me of a time in Colorado when a Bald Eagle stole a fish I had been casting to for over an hour.
11-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I think many people (at least here in the US) are still recoving from our Thanksgiving holiday.... I like the first one best... mainly because it reminds me of a time in Colorado when a Bald Eagle stole a fish I had been casting to for over an hour.
11-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
One more.. fully cropped shot with my 18-250.... Lost some of the blue in the sky on the compressed version. JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-14-2008 at 12:25 PM.
11-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice shots Jimbo, I find it very addicting going after eagle shots. You know, I thought the eagles we have here in North Idaho this time of year come down out of BC and then go on to Boise on their rounds, at least that's what an article in the paper said last year. Will those eagles you're capturing winter in your area or are they going to make their way farther south as winter sets in?

11-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Nice shots Jimbo, I find it very addicting going after eagle shots. You know, I thought the eagles we have here in North Idaho this time of year come down out of BC and then go on to Boise on their rounds, at least that's what an article in the paper said last year. Will those eagles you're capturing winter in your area or are they going to make their way farther south as winter sets in?
No they will stay around this area for most of the winter... I plan on taking a boat ride in a week or two to shot more eagles.. JIMBO ] take pictures that is]
11-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I like the second one.
The stare looks sinister, and the position of the body is odd.
Lovely blue sky.
11-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I like the second one.
The stare looks sinister, and the position of the body is odd.
Lovely blue sky.
Thanks Mike.. JIM
11-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Hi Jimbo! I like the second one more, rather unusual posing. Have you tried the first one in b&w, more contrast ... dramatic look or something
11-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hi Jimbo! I like the second one more, rather unusual posing. Have you tried the first one in b&w, more contrast ... dramatic look or something
No on the black and white... I am going to wait. I have a buddy who has a jet boat and we are going up a river where they nest and take some new shots. Still learning the get a sharp image... Marc has given me some pointers and I will be trying then out... I have three weeks off in December so I will be gettting oyut almost everyday to shoot. cheers Kurt.,.. JIMBO
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Having never had a chance to see Nevermind photograph eagles in the wild I think you are pretty lucky. I like both shots becuase it is something I would never see I the wild here. I hear there are some in the area and thought I saw one cross a wooded road one day but could have been anything. Can't wait to see more. Do they let you get that close?? Are you in a blind? Thanks for sharing.
11-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
Veteran Member

You did pretty good to get close enough to wild eagles with your 18-250mm Jimbo. I have been using a 300mm and 1.7x TC and still usually have to crop a good bit.