Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Flower Girl
Lens: HD 77mm Limited Camera: K1 Photo Location: Mt. Elden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: bad2thegnome, 07-08-2021, 10:18 PM

Here is my second photo on the forum! Any feedback is appreciated. Just recently getting into portraits with my 77mm ltd and loving every moment of it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 405
07-08-2021, 10:47 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice portrait of a pretty girl. But I think I would have chosen a verticsl format for it. The space on either side doesn't do anything for your subject.
07-08-2021, 11:50 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Portraiture work is not easy. Here you have a truly lovely young lady. For me, I would have left out the pink hair clips and the flower in her hair (San Francisco?) ) One more issue: I never have

liked eyeglasses in personal portraits. However here, because she has such amazing eyes, the eyeglasses work to enhance them and makes me want to look into them even deeper. I do like the

affect she has created with her eyebrows, a very nice touch. Her outfit? Well, the jury is out on this one, but for me, big, red strawberries are a powerful distraction, pulling the viewer's eyes

away from her beauty. I feel something in a beige or even an off white would be a better choice since she has dark hair, eyes and eyebrows and dark make up. Also, in regards to her fingernails, she should have a natural appearance and here, polished and buffed would be excellent. The white also pulls the viewer's eyes away

from your subject. Honestly, I would remove the dead tree on the right because to me it is similar to having a scar on the photograph. I do very much like the space you provided above your

subject's head, giving her some breathing room. Another "One More Thing" I would really like to see her hair down around her neck and shoulders. Then she would be truly stunning. Overall, this is one damn fine effort and I am very much looking forward to more of your work.

P.S. The last one more thing. Your image is a bit underexposed so do not be apprehensive in bringing up the light on her face. Experiment with it and you will see that your work will be more rewarding, to you and to your subject. Please let me know how that works out for you. Okay, I'm done. Promise. )
Cheers Mate,

Tonytee )

Last edited by Tonytee; 07-09-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Additional Infomation.
07-09-2021, 04:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bad2thegnome Quote
Here is my second photo on the forum! Any feedback is appreciated. Just recently getting into portraits with my 77mm ltd and loving every moment of it.
Thanks for sharing!

I have no expertise in portraiture, but I have to commend you for posting your photographic work on the forum. I've been posting around here for a little while now, but I haven't yet shared any of my shots.

Your post is a reminder that I should start asking for feedback and advice myself!

07-09-2021, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Nice, I upvoted you on reddit too!

QuoteOriginally posted by archaeodude Quote
I have no expertise in portraiture, but I have to commend you for posting your photographic work on the forum. I've been posting around here for a little while now, but I haven't yet shared any of my shots.

Your post is a reminder that I should start asking for feedback and advice myself!
Just do it, very nice forums to share one's work. Lots of my shots are rubbish and I still throw them up

There's even the photo critique forum to get some great responses (well from what I've seen said to others ).
07-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Lovely lady
07-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pkboy Quote
Nice, I upvoted you on reddit too!

Just do it, very nice forums to share one's work. Lots of my shots are rubbish and I still throw them up

There's even the photo critique forum to get some great responses (well from what I've seen said to others ).
Thank you for the inspiration. Glad to be among good peers!

07-09-2021, 09:31 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bad2thegnome Quote
Thank you for the inspiration. Glad to be among good peers!
Me again. I have gone ahead and added another one more thing. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for posting.

Tonytee