Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  
The Black Cullins
Posted By: moonbucket1, 07-09-2021, 03:15 PM

The Black Cullins.

As seen from Elgol on Isle of Skye. Was quite overcast with a shaft of sunlight hitting the otherwise very black mountain, hence the name.

I've struggled for inspiration, not picking up the camera in 3 years. Bought a K70 to get into astrophotography and hopefully kickstart some motivation again. Thought I'd share one of the few images I've made that don't make me sick when I look back at them.

Attached Images

Views: 799
07-11-2021, 12:10 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A gloomy atmosphere both in composition and processing, I like it.

07-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nothing to be ashamed of there, that's a fine image – especially the monochrome treatment – with real depth in it, properly three-dimensional. I would suggest a small amount of burning in on the sky to keep the attention on the centre of frame, and heartily recommend you print it. I'd put that on my wall without hesitation!

For midges, I've been recommended Avon SkinSoSoft as very effective.
07-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by moonbucket1 Quote
The Black Cullins.

As seen from Elgol on Isle of Skye. Was quite overcast with a shaft of sunlight hitting the otherwise very black mountain, hence the name.

I've struggled for inspiration, not picking up the camera in 3 years. Bought a K70 to get into astrophotography and hopefully kickstart some motivation again. Thought I'd share one of the few images I've made that don't make me sick when I look back at them.
Nicely done in black and white.
07-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Nice shot...and where some of my ancestors...the MacLeods...came from.

07-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #20
5ks
Pentaxian

Nothing but praises from me, too. Great scenery, very well captured and apparently somehow digitally postprocessed.
07-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Cheers, really nice bunch on here. Definitely helping me with motivation, really appreciated.
So you've no excuses now...
07-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
So you've no excuses now...
Yeah, true - trying to get out somewhere this weekend with camera, since it's actually summer here (a rare sight!).

07-17-2021, 01:50 AM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Yeah, true - trying to get out somewhere this weekend with camera, since it's actually summer here (a rare sight!).
Aye we get three days a year here in the Highlands.
11-15-2023, 04:36 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Black Cullins.

Great contrast, very moody. Well taken.