Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Sunrise, Grand Canyon, South Rim, ARIZONA.
Posted By: RICHARD L., 07-10-2021, 08:06 AM

Morning is a magical time in the Grand Canyon. In summer, sunrise happens around 5h30 AM, so I arrive at 5h00 and stay till 6h00 AM. After that, shadows regress and disappear until sundown. K1 + FA* 28-70 mm f/2.8 @ 28 mm FL and f/8.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 590
07-13-2021, 02:30 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Isn't the Painted Desert near the Petrified Forest as well?---------- Post added 13-07-21 at 02:11 PM ----------
It's the same exact place.

Painted Desert

Petrified Forest

07-13-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote

Painted Desert

Petrified Forest
Nicely composed photos. Just a bit over saturated for my taste, but still give a great representation of the area. Thank you for sharing.
07-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I set all my cameras (645Z, K1 and K3) to the "VIBRANT" color palette, on the right side of the ring on the back of the camera. It creates nice, saturated colors that don't seem "too overdone" most of the time. When you visit the American West, you will be surprised by the "red rock" everywhere and the clear, deep blue sky.

Regards
07-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Nice! I visited many of these places eons ago when I was a kid, but never managed to stay or see much as navy kid on a strict travel schedule - long story. All I ever saw was a dark hole. :P Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

07-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I set all my cameras (645Z, K1 and K3) to the "VIBRANT" color palette, on the right side of the ring on the back of the camera. It creates nice, saturated colors that don't seem "too overdone" most of the time. When you visit the American West, you will be surprised by the "red rock" everywhere and the clear, deep blue sky.

Regards
I do recall the clear blue skies over the badlands when we visited. One problem I found though with them, there were very few clouds, so not as interesting as your skies.
07-13-2021, 12:56 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Nice image! I really need to make my way up there, it's on my bucket list for years now..
07-13-2021, 01:06 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Beautiful shot! Thanks for posting.

07-14-2021, 04:40 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
Nicely composed photos. Just a bit over saturated for my taste, but still give a great representation of the area. Thank you for sharing.
Western Landscapes may seem "over-saturated" but in reality, the sun is very bright, the land is mostly devoid of plant life and very reddish and the skies are rarely grey or overcast. The air is very clear because of the low humidity. So the colors captured by the camera that seem "over-saturated" to the eyes of an Easterner are really very bright and true-to-life.

Regards
07-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Painted Desert

Petrified Forest
Great images. Makes me want to go... in winter.