Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
a few concert shots + pics for a magazine interview
Posted By: lukastrika, 03-11-2007, 01:57 AM

a young bend with a nice future

a few more of their pics i made that featured in an interview published in a music magazine in serbia:

Views: 2,244
03-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Energetic concert shots! You must have had a lot of fun with the group shots - I like the boots shot. It looked like one the girl on the right was just about to laugh in the the pipes shot.
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
thx for watching! glad you liked them
03-12-2007, 03:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lukastrika Quote
a young bend with a nice future

These are my favorite. You have this unique style to protraits - almost free and wild, like freeing up spirit.

The band shots are really something, raw and cool. Full of sweat and maybe ... hallucinations

Though some of the band members were positioned like being made to do so to please you. The last one is definitely a winner as their expressions are rather indicative how they felt! The ideas are fun though.

From your prior posts about theatre production and now you are doing interview for a hopeful band, you must be someone in an art production commitee or some sort. And that is impressive.

Great shots!

03-12-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice shots....and loved the gritty/grainy look of the concert shots.
03-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #6

Original Poster
thx for viewing!

@roentarre - i'm not in any sort of a commitee - i just have friends in weird places (hence roaming about a theatre) and this band just found me on myspace, liked my photos and asked if i could help them by photographing them for an interview. turned out extremely nice in the end, since the magazine editor liked my photos and she is supposed to call this week to propose further cooperation so, in the end i might become a part-time musical magazine photographer, and i've gotten to know some people that make great music when they liked my photos of them, but other than that, just a regular guy unable to feed his lba and really really enjoying his k10d
03-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for posting these. As an ex professional musician I love gig shots. I really like the 5th one of the bass player. Nice angles and mood. I also like the last two "promo" shots, the green wall one fror the mood and the concrete pipes one just for the fun it shows.

NaCl(congratulations on getting more work for the magazine)H2O

03-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I like all these photos! they have energy and also a lot of humor...
I don't know the Belgrade's bend scene anymore, but these photos reminds me on my teenage days with sarlo akrobata, disciplina kicme, partibrejkers, ekv... ufff, nostalgija...
thanks a lot for sharing!
03-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #9

Original Poster
no problem, drago mi je da ti se svidja i da se prepoznajes!

anyway, feel free to come by, it's starting to get really good again. do try and find the compilation 'jutro ce promeniti sve?' it consists of 16 songs by 15 new bands and it does give hope it's gonna be good again

do look at the shots from the jarboli concert as well at jarbolizrenjanin's Photo Galleries at pbase.com if you're interested (i consider jarboli the best band in serbia as of now)