Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Grey Fantail (1 IMG)
Posted By: roentarre, 11-29-2008, 04:33 AM

This bugga is so agile and never stopping to rest for a second even in its nest.

The shot was captured in Raymond Island across payneville in Victoria Australia.

k20d + A* 300 f2.8 with 2 teleconverters on top of each other

Views: 3,719
11-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shot James! Maybe in Finland they would stay still because of the freesing temperatures ... or maybe not

Interesting telelens you have.

11-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great shot with the telescopic set you had there James.
The only reason that I had not rid of F 1.7 X teleconverter is because of this current set up in combination with 1.4X L tele and A* 300mm f2.8. This set up has earned a few nice images but not good enough to meet standards of people in DPR.

For the reach of effective 1071mm focal length with reasonable image quality.

Thanks for dropping in

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
James, that's a tough combination to shoot with on such a small subject - well done!

Regards,
Marc
Thanks, Marc. I envy your gear but I am not sure when I will have that sort of money avaiable to invest in wild life photography. Too hard and too tough for an amateur who just wanted to have fun shooting. It usually turned out no decent photos after several days' trials with birds.

QuoteOriginally posted by Geyst Quote
Comming from you I feel honored!!

Guido
Coming from people like Tom Lusk or Walter are more eligible as expert opinions and unfortunately they are pretty much gone to canikon now.

Still, glad that my words count something

Thanks
11-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kurt Quote
Great shot James! Maybe in Finland they would stay still because of the freesing temperatures ... or maybe not

Interesting telelens you have.
If I was in Finland, I would spend day and night taking images of the scenery there. Especially the architecture as well. I almost made a trip there few years back but I changed my mind in the end, spending the funds on investment port folio that now crashed miserably...