Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sneaky Snakeson from Snakeville
Lens: Sony 24-105 FE f4 Camera: Sony a7r3 Photo Location: NC ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/13s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: UncleVanya, 07-25-2021, 07:35 PM

Handheld shot of my wife holding what is allegedly my teenage son’s snake. She loves the silly thing and plays with it more than anyone else in the house does. Sigh.

Sneaky Snakeson from Snakeville by -vanya_42nd-

I had the Sony out and nearby when my wife asked me to use my cellphone to take a picture of the snake… and thought nah! I grabbed the first camera handy that I saw.

Still not used to how shallow the depth of field can be on these full frames due to the length of lens needed for the perspective desired. F4 at 105mm is fairly shallow, but I wasn’t thinking about that at the time of the shot - I was just trying to get a picture before the snake stopped looking my way! Lighting was poor thus iso 6400.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 07-25-2021 at 07:43 PM.
Views: 333
07-26-2021, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Handheld shot of my wife holding what is allegedly my teenage son’s snake. She loves the silly thing and plays with it more than anyone else in the house does. Sigh.

Sneaky Snakeson from Snakeville by -vanya_42nd-

I had the Sony out and nearby when my wife asked me to use my cellphone to take a picture of the snake… and thought nah! I grabbed the first camera handy that I saw.

Still not used to how shallow the depth of field can be on these full frames due to the length of lens needed for the perspective desired. F4 at 105mm is fairly shallow, but I wasn’t thinking about that at the time of the shot - I was just trying to get a picture before the snake stopped looking my way! Lighting was poor thus iso 6400.
You caught the face - which is all we need to see ..... now if I can just 'unsee' it before I dream.
07-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Strange attractions between moms and sons!
Gramma takes our grandson to the herpetology shows at the exhibition center. I stopped trying to photograph all of it.
Excellent image of an ugly face!
Yuck!
Too bad you didn't get the focus on the hand holding the snake--would've been a lot easier to look at! And the ol' snake isn't the slightest bit ashamed of his face!
Angky.
07-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Strange attractions between moms and sons!
Gramma takes our grandson to the herpetology shows at the exhibition center. I stopped trying to photograph all of it.
Excellent image of an ugly face!
Yuck!
Too bad you didn't get the focus on the hand holding the snake--would've been a lot easier to look at! And the ol' snake isn't the slightest bit ashamed of his face!
Angky.
I didn’t like snakes or dislike them much until we got him. He’s as sweet a snake as I’ve ever seen. But I can still take or leave it.

07-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shot. It has a 3D look.
07-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice capture! I love snakes (have several) and they are completely uncooperative models for my cameras! Choosing where to frame the shot, I think you made the best choice with the face- royal's are sweethearts!