Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Leaning how to shoot with K*300 mm F4
Posted By: Eastern Shore Charlie, 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM

I owned an A*300 and sold it since I really did not know how to shoot with it and basically sucked using it. Since Magnus had a really good deal on a K*300 in our marketplace I thought I would give it another try.
I asked in the DSLR thread how people hold this type of lens and got some really good advice. I actually shot all these hand held and that for me is a big step.... I tried to sneak up on the Blue Heron and was lucky to get as close as I did...I only had time for couple of shots before he saw me and was gone....I was proud I actually almost, almost got the the focus and exposure right in such a short time. The little birdie was in my back yard feeding and did not pay attention to me crawling on my hands and knees to get as close I could to snap some shots and learn. My neighbor properly thought I was nuts but I had fun....

Attached Images

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 01-18-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Views: 1,630
11-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not bad at all Charlie - haha I was sneaking up on some birds today as well - albiet I had zero success - looking forward to more long shots.