Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Dreich Day
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 08-11-2021, 06:06 AM

Not a visitor in sight... taken this morning, in the middle of Summer in the Highlands.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 439
08-11-2021, 06:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice composition. It's good to see the water flowing. It's been so dry here that it is beginning to look like a Martian landscape.
08-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice composition
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
It's good to see the water flowing.
Aye it's most certainly flowing here... down the hills, down from the sky and down my welly boots...
08-12-2021, 05:46 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Years ago my wife and I travelled from Canada to Scotland and met my cousins for the first time - on such day. It was the first time I'd heard "Dree Day" - and instantly it fit. Thanks for re-connecting me to some fine memories with this lovely shot.

08-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great image! I can feel the cool dampness in comparison to the summer heat and humidity of Texas. If you had posted this same shot with bright sunshine, I would compliment you on your post-processing skills.
08-12-2021, 07:51 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Years ago my wife and I travelled from Canada to Scotland and met my cousins for the first time - on such day. It was the first time I'd heard "Dree Day" - and instantly it fit. Thanks for re-connecting me to some fine memories with this lovely shot.
Thanks for that, your most welcome.
08-12-2021, 07:51 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great image! I can feel the cool dampness in comparison to the summer heat and humidity of Texas. If you had posted this same shot with bright sunshine, I would compliment you on your post-processing skills.
Thank you for your kind words.

08-12-2021, 03:05 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sharp, contrasty, and well-balanced image gives the feel of wet.
Reminds me of younger days as a kid.
Angky.
08-13-2021, 08:48 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Sharp, contrasty, and well-balanced image gives the feel of wet.
Reminds me of younger days as a kid.
Angky.
Thank you for your comments.
08-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shots of weirs/dams and their overflow must number in their ....millions? Billions? So much so that whenever we see such shots now we (mostly) say "OK" and move on.

This is not such a shot. This just oozes atmosphere. The colouring is perfect. A winter's day caught in the middle of summer. The image just grabs - you (the viewer) is there.

Kerrow - I (most regrettably) have never been to Scotland - until now!
08-16-2021, 01:12 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Shots of weirs/dams and their overflow must number in their ....millions? Billions? So much so that whenever we see such shots now we (mostly) say "OK" and move on.

This is not such a shot. This just oozes atmosphere. The colouring is perfect. A winter's day caught in the middle of summer. The image just grabs - you (the viewer) is there.

Kerrow - I (most regrettably) have never been to Scotland - until now!
Thank you for your kind comments and observations.