Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Magazine publication
Posted By: hooppjs, 11-30-2008, 09:19 PM

No mags will publish my shots, so I did my own. All taken with K10D/DA300.

Bobby with the XRC Honda

Bobs crack, lol

Having a look

Scale comparison

Thanks for looking and I hope you get a laugh.

Peter
Views: 1,665
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

Obviously a plumber by day and a racing enthusiast by recreation. Actually your shots are pretty good even if they do not fit any magazine niche.

I don't know what it is, but your images are razor sharp. I have noticed, and it is my impression that sunny day pics reproduce much sharper than low lower light images. I use a tripod about 95 percent of the time and still my images appear sharper in bright sunlight than overcast light.

JMR
11-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Cool way of presenting your images like this. It does appear like a magazine cover
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The first one's quite nice and I could see the photo being in a R/C car mag (though not as a cover) but I'm pretty sure most magazines are in the portrait orientation?

I was gonna say something about the builder's crack...until I actually read the text. "Crack Monthly". Hehe

Oh, and a bit of health related stuff: I reckon you should tell Bobby to bend at the knees, not the back!

12-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Obviously a plumber by day and a racing enthusiast by recreation. Actually your shots are pretty good even if they do not fit any magazine niche.

I don't know what it is, but your images are razor sharp. I have noticed, and it is my impression that sunny day pics reproduce much sharper than low lower light images. I use a tripod about 95 percent of the time and still my images appear sharper in bright sunlight than overcast light.

JMR
Thanks JMR - I over sharpen'd in Acdsee. I will learn. I will get CS3 when I can afford it.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Cool way of presenting your images like this. It does appear like a magazine cover
Thankyou roentarre, I still have alot to learn, even Yoda does, did.

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
The first one's quite nice and I could see the photo being in a R/C car mag (though not as a cover) but I'm pretty sure most magazines are in the portrait orientation?

I was gonna say something about the builder's crack...until I actually read the text. "Crack Monthly". Hehe

Oh, and a bit of health related stuff: I reckon you should tell Bobby to bend at the knees, not the back!
Thanks too pop4. I don't think I have ever posted a pic on this forum in seriousness? Except for my b/w.

All, Happy Christmas and thanks,
Peter
12-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
never thought i would see an RC car pic on this forum. I just bought a HPI SAVAGE XSS
its 2.9hp on a little car thats only about 500mm long, It runs on NITRO FUEL and absolutely flies, good fun