Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"My Ship's Coming In."
Lens: SMC Takumar F 70~210mm Camera: Pentax K100d Super Photo Location: Depot Bay, Oregon. ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-20-2021, 09:31 PM

Going through some older images I stumbled upon this beauty and decided to share it with you awesome folks and talented photographers. Next month this image will be

six years old and I am just happy with it now as I was right after taking it. This was taken handheld, which is a fine testament to the Shake Reduction system being that it

came out really sharp, colorful and a real joy to review. As best I can recall I had to make an adjustment using the Contrast feature in order to eliminate the haze caused

by a day with extremely harsh sunlight at the Oregon Coast. I finally located the Helmsman by spotting his left arm with a short sleeve shirt.

A million thanks for viewing and do hope you all enjoy this capture. (Wish it were mine.) )

Tonytee
Views: 321
08-21-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice capture with the 6 megapixel wonder. My first Pentax digital was the K100D. Thanks for sharing.
08-21-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A nice clean picture. Comes close to looking like a polarizing filter was used (except for the reflections on the side of the boat).
Vivid image.
Angky.
08-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice capture with the 6 megapixel wonder. My first Pentax digital was the K100D. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much. You are correct, that 6.1MP CCD Sony Sensor was/is quite a gem.

tt

---------- Post added 08-21-21 at 03:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
A nice clean picture. Comes close to looking like a polarizing filter was used (except for the reflections on the side of the boat).
Vivid image.
Angky.

Very much appreciate your comment.

tt