Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Plymouth Special Deluxe
Lens: D FA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Freeport, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-24-2021, 06:49 AM

Here are a couple of shots of what turns out to be - best as I can tell - a hotrod example of a '40s era Plymouth Special Deluxe. I'm not particularly interested in hotrods, but I can appreciate the work and artistry that can go into them.

Jer

Views: 469
08-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the paint job. Love the reflection of the sky in that 2nd shot. I think I'd get a kick out of cruising around in something like that.
08-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sexy!
08-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sweet. Beautiful work on that car and you captured it well in your photos. Nice shots.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 08-24-2021 at 02:13 PM.
08-24-2021, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice photos, Jer. I especially like the rear-end shot

Like you, I have little interest in hot-rods, but I can appreciate the work and love invested in creating them. That seems to be a fine example of its kind.

Now, if it was an unmolested, numbers-matching classic barn find or restoration, I'd be salivating profusely

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-24-2021 at 01:05 PM.
08-24-2021, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

Like you, I have little interest in hot-roads, but I can appreciate the work and love invested in creating them. That seems to be a fine example of its kind.

Now, if it was an unmolested, numbers matching classic barn find or restoration, I'd be salivating profusely
At a small country village about 100 miles from our house, sits a late '40's Plymouth, 4 door sedan, parked on the front yard of a house.

Body looks ok, although I've never got up close and checked it out.

The owner has a large paper sign, taped to the inside of the windshield, that says in large, black print...$ 98,000. I think it's his way of saying, don't knock on my door to ask if it's for sale.
08-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a kid I pumped gas in the early sixties and loved a car that had an easy to find gas cap .

08-24-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Those Plymouths were all over the place when I was a kid.
Now, if you ever see one, it has flames painted all over it--something that "decent people" (where I lived) just never did back then!
And looking under the hood, what I can see of the engine doesn't look stock either.
Very pretty job that guy did.
And you didn't do too badly either, catching those clouds reflected so sharply.
Angky.
08-25-2021, 08:35 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I like the paint job. Love the reflection of the sky in that 2nd shot. I think I'd get a kick out of cruising around in something like that.
Hey, Dave - thanks much. I think you'd look cool behind the wheel of this machine!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
sexy!
Do you mean the car or photographer? Seriously, thanks for looking, EM.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Sweet. Beautiful work on that car and you captured it well in your photos. Nice shots.
Thank you, Mike.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

Like you, I have little interest in hot-rods, but I can appreciate the work and love invested in creating them. That seems to be a fine example of its kind.

Now, if it was an unmolested, numbers-matching classic barn find or restoration, I'd be salivating profusely
Hey, Mike - I appreciate the kind words. You'd look terrific driving one of these in its original form.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
At a small country village about 100 miles from our house, sits a late '40's Plymouth, 4 door sedan, parked on the front yard of a house.

Body looks ok, although I've never got up close and checked it out.

The owner has a large paper sign, taped to the inside of the windshield, that says in large, black print...$ 98,000. I think it's his way of saying, don't knock on my door to ask if it's for sale.
Damn - I was gonna make an offer on that thing! Too rich for my blood!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
As a kid I pumped gas in the early sixties and loved a car that had an easy to find gas cap .
This is the car for you!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Those Plymouths were all over the place when I was a kid.
Now, if you ever see one, it has flames painted all over it--something that "decent people" (where I lived) just never did back then!
And looking under the hood, what I can see of the engine doesn't look stock either.
Very pretty job that guy did.
And you didn't do too badly either, catching those clouds reflected so sharply.
Angky.
Thanks much. Clearly, the whoever did the work on this car, deserves a round of applause.

Jer
08-25-2021, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Damn - I was gonna make an offer on that thing! Too rich for my blood!
Jer,

Jer, if you want I can negotiate with the guy who owns this old Plymouth and see if I can whittle the price down from $ 98,000 to somewhere more reasonable like $ 75,000.00.

I believe he he's looking at 98 Grand in American dollars, not Canadian money .

He knows what he's got !

Les
08-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is a pretty cool looking car. I also prefer original restorations versus hotrods, but appreciate the work that goes into them. My uncle and cousins in western North Dakota built hot rods for years and took them to shows all over the country. I always liked visiting their place and seeing what they were working on.
08-25-2021, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Jer,

Jer, if you want I can negotiate with the guy who owns this old Plymouth and see if I can whittle the price down from $ 98,000 to somewhere more reasonable like $ 75,000.00.

I believe he he's looking at 98 Grand in American dollars, not Canadian money .

He knows what he's got !

Les
You're way outta my league, Les - so you should buy it for yourself. If I had your money, I'd just throw mine away!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
That is a pretty cool looking car. I also prefer original restorations versus hotrods, but appreciate the work that goes into them. My uncle and cousins in western North Dakota built hot rods for years and took them to shows all over the country. I always liked visiting their place and seeing what they were working on.
Yeah, Todd, it looks like it was created carefully. Your uncle and cousins sound like creative folks.

Jer
08-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Jer. I still have to show you mine.--Cap'n Zap.
08-25-2021, 05:31 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice shots Jer. I still have to show you mine.--Cap'n Zap.
Thanks much, Capn!

Jer