Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Sunflower Bud in Leaf Axil - Color
Lens: HD Pentax DA 16-85mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: My garden fence ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: angkymac, 08-31-2021, 03:41 PM

Here is the original color image of the one I posted in B&W.
There is some reason to like it in color also. So, I don't know.....
But, in color, I can't nudge it very much without making it look like it came from some other planet. In fact, I'm afraid it already looks that way.

Enjoy it in whichever medium pleases you.

And any comment--like it, or dislike it, or "Improve it like this..."--is good.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 352
08-31-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LightSpeed Quote
I have to say that you have a great attitude about all of this.
You even bumped many posts above yours on the list. Not selfish or greedy.
Seem to be enjoying digital photography. You know, Ansel Adams would have been thrilled if someone would have given him a K1-II and a copy of lightroom.
Can you imagine?
The camera is doing its job, and you're learning your way.
What I see in this image is a yellowish orange cast. I think the image might look nicer without , which I think will correct/clean up the greens.
You know, without over doing it.
Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about your image.
Be well.
Right! That orange cast...!!!
That, I think, is due to my lack of experience in post processing. When I increase contrast, I get a movement in color too.
This is something that has been concerning me more and more. I still don't have a handle on it.
Thanks for that observation; it confirms what I was considering.

As for Ansel Adams, his full format view camera, along with complete access to a darkroom gave him something that a lot of folks, even today, don't have.
His images were absolutely fantastic, not only because he had a good eye for a picture, but especially because he was so intensely focused on precise perfection in post (aka darkroom). Something I need to learn!

Yes, this K1 is a superlative tool for what I use it for. But I still have a huge field to learn about controlling it and then processing the digital.
Again, thanks for the input! I'll keep working at it.
Angky.
08-31-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice capture, good details in the photo. Since this is in the abstract category, my first thought was the pods that took over human bodies in "Invasion of the body snatches". Back to my senses, the colors look pretty natural to me, maybe with the yellowish cast from the light source. Keep shooting.
08-31-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An interesting and very detailed shot so well done

08-31-2021, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LightSpeed Quote
I wanted to try to help you along your way. Show you some of the things that can be done.
I spent literally 1 minute with this image. I screen shot some of the setting you can use to completely transform an image.
I don't do this often at all, and not for just anybody, but you seem like a kind gentleman with excellent demeanor, who is really trying hard.
You're absolutely worth some of my time......and the time of others here, near as I can see it. I was you, not that long ago. So were we all whenst first we started.
In less than 6 months ( if you keep doing what you're doing) you'll be up and running like a champ. I for one, want to be here to see it.

I do not know what programs you have but this is an older version of Lightroom, when you could buy it and own it without paying by the month which I refuse to do.
There are other things that I'm willing to help you with. When I can.
There are others here who might be willing to do the same. And I rest most assuredly , they will, when they see in you what I see.
I hope this helps you along the way, on your path.

LS

Behold, depth.
The Yellow, and gold keys were used to kill the cast. The green key was used to add blue and aqua hue to drown the goldish , yellowish , orange cast.
Luminance keys on all three colors were used to tame the tones. The red? I just did that as a highlight on color. Just messing around with it.
I could make it a lot better than this, but wanted to show you what can be done in about a minute.

Well, that certainly did bring the green up. And the green is a lot more pleasing to look at.
I use Affinity Photo--still a lot there for me to learn.
From what you've shown, I might be able to apply it some in Affinity.

Glad you didn't spend too much time on it! But what you've shown gives me some idea of where to go.
If I do work on this one again, I will probably not put quite that much green into it, since the actual plant and the light weren't that green. But neither was it as yellow as I had it.
Something to keep working toward.
Thanks!
Angky.

---------- Post added 08-31-21 at 08:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
An interesting and very detailed shot so well done
Thank you, EM.
Glad for your observation.
Angky.

---------- Post added 08-31-21 at 08:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice capture, good details in the photo. Since this is in the abstract category, my first thought was the pods that took over human bodies in "Invasion of the body snatches". Back to my senses, the colors look pretty natural to me, maybe with the yellowish cast from the light source. Keep shooting.
Thanks, Mike!
I do have problems controlling color. Yes, it was light from a hazy sky--orangish. And the subject was not perfectly green. So what you say about the light color is partly true. Nevertheless, I do know that I have to learn something about color control; I've seen that quite often lately.
Glad for your support, sir!
Angky.

---------- Post added 08-31-21 at 08:43 PM ----------

I want to let you guys know that all of your inputs are beneficial and appreciated. I love doing this stuff, but need some other eyes and suggestions to make improvements.
Thanks for the helpfulness.
Angky.