Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
I Want to Grow Up
Lens: Irix 150mm macro Camera: K-3ii Photo Location: Cibolo Nature Center, Boerne, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F20 
Posted By: ToddK, 09-08-2021, 11:49 AM

to be a BIG spider! Or maybe, just living out the day would be good... This is a very large female black & yellow garden spider which I spotted under a roof over a picnic bench, and a very tiny spider that I didn't see until I was processing the photo. I couldn't get another angle and the only shot was directly into the bright sky, but I was able to bring out some of the details in PP.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 303
09-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice detailed macro shot. Even the tiny spider to the left has pretty good detail for its size in relation to the garden spider.
09-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice detailed macro shot. Even the tiny spider to the left has pretty good detail for its size in relation to the garden spider.
Catching a two for one was very good.
09-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"...able to bring out some of the details in PP."

Good detail for the difficulty of the shot, I'd say!
But it's perfect for something else that I really like; the silhouettes of the web and spider's legs attached to the web where the weight of huge fat spider pulls angles down in the web's guy lines.
Angky.

09-08-2021, 11:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
to be a BIG spider! Or maybe, just living out the day would be good... This is a very large female black & yellow garden spider which I spotted under a roof over a picnic bench, and a very tiny spider that I didn't see until I was processing the photo. I couldn't get another angle and the only shot was directly into the bright sky, but I was able to bring out some of the details in PP.
Wow! Todd, you have taken to macro shots like a duck to water in recent months! F20...! No wonder you got such excellent detail - that and the PP.
09-09-2021, 08:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thanks Mike!
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Catching a two for one was very good.
Thank you EM!
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Good detail for the difficulty of the shot, I'd say!
But it's perfect for something else that I really like; the silhouettes of the web and spider's legs attached to the web where the weight of huge fat spider pulls angles down in the web's guy lines.
Angky.
Thanks Angky! I had several shots and found the one that showed the web the best, which to me makes it much more interesting.
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Wow! Todd, you have taken to macro shots like a duck to water in recent months! F20...! No wonder you got such excellent detail - that and the PP.
Thanks Peter! I have definitely learned more about macro since acquiring the Irix 150 mm. It is a much different process than working with the shorter FL macros.