Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Red Hibiscus
Lens: Pentax DFA Macro SMC 100mm F2.8 WR - FULL FRAME Camera: Pentax K3 iii Photo Location: Local Neighbourhood ISO: 1250 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: K2 to K50, 09-18-2021, 06:17 PM

Flash with diffusor attached. Tried to find a way to tone down the bright gaps in the foliage (using Digital Camera Utility V5) but it was a case of the blind leading the blind. Did find a Highlights setting but that did not seem to do much. Also played with trying to lessen the red saturation but with negligible results!! DCU does not seem to offer any way of imposing settings on a small area of the image - at least, as far as I could find. Am waiting until October to see if DXO Photolabs makes good with its declared intention of including the K3 iii in its profiles, and if so might invest. (Adobe software way too expensive for my budget!)

If anyone can give hints on whether DCU can do more, would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 

Views: 218
09-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty shot with nice detail.
09-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good flower image. I like all the details of that flower.
I understand the frustration you express with cleaning up the bright spots.
I have found Affinity Photo to be a help with those, and it was within my price range of US $50 one-time fee.
But it sure has a steep learning curve!
Angky.