Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Hummingbird
Lens: DA* 300/4 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Backyard 
Posted By: Sailor, 09-24-2021, 02:40 PM

Years have passed since I've photographed a hummingbird, and I lack both the dedication and talent to really do this sort of photography justice. However, earlier today, I managed to catch one buzzing around Connie's feeder that fortuitously was in sunlight. The pics below were taken with my K-1 and DA*300 hand held and later cropped without mercy. With respect to FOV, my K-3 would do better for this sort of thing, but I find that AF of my K-3/300 combo is tentative and lethargic; in my hands, at least, the K-1 and 300 do much better.

Jer

Views: 379
09-24-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think that you should wait so long for your next hummingbird images. All of these images have great detail and colors. The sunlight helps in getting good shots of these birds. I should move my feeder. Nice shots
09-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent job Jer. That first one is outstanding
09-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You've excelled yourself with these great shots.

09-24-2021, 04:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent Hummingbird Photography there youngster. Pays to have patience. Maybe one of these years I'll learn that. Thanks very much for the awesome treats.

tt
09-25-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Jer. Hummingbirds can be tricky to photograph for sure. But not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.
09-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I don't think that you should wait so long for your next hummingbird images. All of these images have great detail and colors. The sunlight helps in getting good shots of these birds. I should move my feeder. Nice shots
Thanks much, Mike!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Excellent job Jer. That first one is outstanding
Thank you, David!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
You've excelled yourself with these great shots.
Thanks for the very kind words, EM.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Excellent Hummingbird Photography there youngster. Pays to have patience. Maybe one of these years I'll learn that. Thanks very much for the awesome treats.

tt
Hey, Tony - I appreciate your nice comments!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Nice shots Jer. Hummingbirds can be tricky to photograph for sure. But not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.
Thanks, Dave.

Jer