Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Spiny Softshell Turtle
Lens: Pentax 55-300 PLM Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Hendrix Nature Preserve ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 09-26-2021, 01:47 PM

On a trip to the nature preserve this week, I ran across a different turtle, a Spiny Softshell. Here it is:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 266
09-27-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is an absolutely captivating image, Mike--at least to me--and it doesn't have any snakes in it!
Great job of getting all the variations of subtle colors that go into his camouflage and using them to make him stand right out.
And then, of course, his eye!
Angky.
09-27-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
That is an absolutely captivating image, Mike--at least to me--and it doesn't have any snakes in it!
Great job of getting all the variations of subtle colors that go into his camouflage and using them to make him stand right out.
And then, of course, his eye!
Angky.
Thanks Angky. I don't often see this turtle, so I had to take some photos. The eye shows that way because it was about the only part of the turtle out above the water and reflected the sun light. It was nice to see a different turtle at the nature preserve and no snakes were in sight. I was hoping to see some Monarchs, but haven't seen any yet.