Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
St Lawrence intertidal zone, QUEBEC
Lens: 645 FA* 300 mm f/4 ED IF Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 09-26-2021, 04:29 PM

Pentax K1 + 645 FA* 300 mm f/4 + Pentax '645 to K' adapter, 200 ISO, 1/640 sec @ f/8.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 290
09-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now this is the sort of shot I am always attracted to when I'm out shooting!
Subtle layers, sparsely populated.
You made great (in my opinion) by that solid chunk of foreground rock.
Angky.
09-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I bought almost every book published by both Ansel Adams and more recently by David Muench. Both were "Masters in the Art of the Landscape". I learned from them that a picture needs a "foreground anchor" to be successful. This rock in the foreground acts as the "anchor", it draws your attention first then directs your eye to the other parts of the lens. A picture is like a musical score, you add some and you remove some but the whole has to be "perfect" !!

Regards
09-27-2021, 08:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I bought almost every book published by both Ansel Adams and more recently by David Muench. Both were "Masters in the Art of the Landscape". I learned from them that a picture needs a "foreground anchor" to be successful. This rock in the foreground acts as the "anchor", it draws your attention first then directs your eye to the other parts of the lens. A picture is like a musical score, you add some and you remove some but the whole has to be "perfect" !!

Regards
Good words! Thanks for your insight (and Ansel Adams'). I'll keep that as a useful input for any future such images I might get.
Angky.