Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Eyes
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Phoenix ISO: 51200 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: usn ret, 10-04-2021, 09:25 PM

Winston my daughter's Doxy, one blue eye and one brown eye up close and personal.....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo 

Views: 255
10-04-2021, 09:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The EYEs
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo 
10-05-2021, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Handsome doggy.

You're right about canine eyes. They can hold your gaze.

Years ago, I was in the Canadian Shield, early ice out at a deep lake. I was driving around slowly, looking for a spot to fish for Lake Trout.

It was early morning...a little after dawn. I was driving down a dirt road, lake on one side, thick Canadian forest on the other side.

I just happened to catch a glance of a Timber wolf, on the lake side, close to the road.

Our Timber Wolves out here, are large Grey Wolves and this one had piercing yellow eyes. He was staring at me...eye to eye...and I drove slowly by him. He was watching every move I made and he would not take his yellow eyes off my eyes.

As I drove by him, by about 20 feet...he actually looked both ways...as if to see if any traffic was coming by...when he saw it was clear, he quickly ambled across the dirt back road and disappeared into the forest.

His caution, his ability to hold my gaze impressed me. I recall a trapper up here, once told me that the most difficult animal to trap was the Timber Wolf, as he felt they were the most intelligent and cautious, wild animal in the forest. He also said that he sometimes thought they were sharper then him.

After this experience I would concur, and I have seen a lot of wildlife in my time.
10-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great capture of Winston. The eyes capture your gaze instantly.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 10-05-2021 at 06:18 PM.
10-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
He's already captured me with those eyes - I'd feed him anything he wants without delay! Nice photo.

Jer
10-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The funny thing about those rascals (dogs) is that they don't seem to give a hoot about what color their eyes are.
They just use them on us.
Angky.
10-05-2021, 11:11 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments. I suppose I should post his swimming pool activities, worse than a kid, loves the water.

Thanks for looking, Cliff