Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some odds and ends from New York.......
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 12-03-2008, 07:35 PM

.......State and the Lake Champlain ferry crossing to Vermont.

Two from somewhat early in the morning

This is one of a series from Highfalls Gorge

Lake Champlain

Approaching Burlington, VT

Ferry Terminal in Burlington, VT

All with K10D and 16-45.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 1,870
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Henrich.. but hey, I am used to seeing that from you. Not sure how much PP work you do, but it is never over done! Great work.. JIMBO
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Heinrich:

I like the Lighthouse and Waterfall a lot--thanks. About a mile or so down Rte. 86, accessed from Wilmington Notch campground, is an extraordinary and unnamed waterfall--have you walked down to view it? You remind me of why I like to vacation in this area so much.
12-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Nice shots Henrich.. but hey, I am used to seeing that from you. Not sure how much PP work you do, but it is never over done! Great work.. JIMBO
Hi Jim and thank you. Since I shoot everything in Raw all images have some PP but I am very careful not to overdo it. I try hard to maintain the natural look, in other words I like the image to look the way I remember seing it.

Take care,

12-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Heinrich:

I like the Lighthouse and Waterfall a lot--thanks. About a mile or so down Rte. 86, accessed from Wilmington Notch campground, is an extraordinary and unnamed waterfall--have you walked down to view it? You remind me of why I like to vacation in this area so much.
Thank you Jewelltrail. Wish that I would have known about that waterfall, I would have made time for it. The New England States were just a drive through this time, I stayed in Ogdensburg one night and in Burlington VT the next night.

Take care,
12-04-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I would love to sit on that bench in #2. nice work thanks fro sharing more of your journies.
12-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Heinrich,
Through your photography, I always enjoy seeing places I've never visited. Thanks for posting!
12-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Im so excited about the time Ill be able to travel that much.All of your shots are gorgeous.

Hope to see some more soon.....

12-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I would love to sit on that bench in #2. nice work thanks fro sharing more of your journies.
Thank you Pat, glad that you liked them

Take care,
12-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Heinrich,
Through your photography, I always enjoy seeing places I've never visited. Thanks for posting!
Thank you Scott and you are welcome. I also enjoy it when someone post images from places that I have not seen.

Take care,
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fragla Quote
Im so excited about the time Ill be able to travel that much.All of your shots are gorgeous.

Hope to see some more soon.....
Thank you Fragla, all you need to do is retire and you will have the time Problem is that you are probably not old enough to retire.

Take care,
12-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some very nice photos. I live about an hour from those areas so I know them well and have been taking photos there for years. There are many nice waterfalls along that stretch of the Ausable. One of my favorites is The Flume which is downstream of the bridge on Rt.86 (by the Hungry Trout restraunt). I stay at the campground there often.
12-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Some very nice photos. I live about an hour from those areas so I know them well and have been taking photos there for years. There are many nice waterfalls along that stretch of the Ausable. One of my favorites is The Flume which is downstream of the bridge on Rt.86 (by the Hungry Trout restraunt). I stay at the campground there often.
Thank you for looking and commenting, it was my first time in the area and I was just driving through on my way to the East coast.

Take care,