Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Marsh
Lens: Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Camera: Olympus EM1X micro 4/3 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: LightSpeed, 10-11-2021, 05:59 PM

This is one of the places that I trek off to , just to see what I can see.
I just received a 12-50 lens and wanted to try it out. I bought it on the used market.

It wasn't expensive. I paid 100.00 for it. Works and functions perfectly and the glass is really good. I think.
Internal zoom too. I needed a lens like this for stuff like this photo.
Thanks for the comments on my other photos. I See them all and appreciate it.

I just stopped bumping my posts because saying "thank you" is good to show gratitude.
But it's bad when it's transparent and you do it to move your post to the top of the list.
Lots of people do it, and lots don't. I just didn't want to be like the ones who do.
Hope you guys are well, and understand where I'm coming from.
LS.

Last edited by LightSpeed; 10-12-2021 at 01:28 PM.
Views: 253
10-11-2021, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a well composed photo and the colors are beautiful. Evidence that you made a good lens purchase.

I understand where you are coming from, but don't believe that most responses are made to keep a photo high on the thread. From what I've read, many of them are just a form of communication between members.
10-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
Thanks mike.
Just goes to show that a lens doesn't have to be expensive. Knowing what to do with it helps a great deal.
It's actually the cheapest lens that I've ever owned. It seems to do well though. I do not know if I could have gotten this photo any better if I'd been using a 1200.00 lens.
I'm really starting to think that lenses don't matter all that much, so long as they are decent quality with good glass.
Yeah they feel better, more smooth, just a better feel, but that does nothing for a photograph.
10-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LightSpeed Quote
Thanks mike.
Just goes to show that a lens doesn't have to be expensive. Knowing what to do with it helps a great deal.
It's actually the cheapest lens that I've ever owned. It seems to do well though. I do not know if I could have gotten this photo any better if I'd been using a 1200.00 lens.
I'm really starting to think that lenses don't matter all that much, so long as they are decent quality with good glass.
Yeah they feel better, more smooth, just a better feel, but that does nothing for a photograph.
Good glass usually costs more than you paid. Sometimes the cost is much less if the supply is high and the demand low. With the current state of photography (most people only using cell phones), the cost may go down. For Pentax, the cost seems to be high because most lens makers no longer make lens for the K-mount. In any event, the ability to get the best out of the camera and lens that you have is of prime importance. Keep shooting, I like your work.

10-12-2021, 05:40 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
You a good guy , Mike. Thanks again
10-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice seen great colors and very sharp