Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
A small village in a big, wonderful world
Lens: DFA 150-40, Samyang 24mm F1.4 Camera: K-1, K-3III Photo Location: Bergsfjord, Norway 
Posted By: Fries, 10-14-2021, 02:43 PM

This is a continuation of the earlier thread about the fjords and landscapes around the small village of Bergsfjord in the most northern part of Norway. About fifty people live there. At night, if you are lucky as a photographer, you get to play with the Northern Lights.

Cheers,

Remco

1. A panorama made out of 32 vertical photo's on 150mm with the K-3III and the DFA150-450mm from a boat. This is Bergsfjord.

2. When it gets dark the fun starts!

Last edited by Fries; 10-14-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Views: 486
10-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're making me want to book a flight. That is a beautiful spot and great shots.
10-14-2021, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
You're making me want to book a flight. That is a beautiful spot and great shots.
Thanks David! Be careful with flying. Because of climate concerns for the first time in many years I drove there and if I inspire people to fly with my photography all that driving could end up being in vain.
10-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Absolutely gorgeous photos. What a great light show in the night sky. That nice landscape photo involved lots of work.

10-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful images of a wonderful place, thanks for posting them Remco.
10-15-2021, 05:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Remco, the pano is great -such detail. Love how you caught the Pleaides in the auroral shots. Nice foreground lighting on the fence. Light painting?
Really great work.
10-15-2021, 06:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An extraordinary set of stunning images.

10-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Wonderful shots Remco - I think Norway would be a great place to visit.

Apparently there was an awesome aurora show here the other day - unfortunately I spent the duration of it sound asleep in bed
10-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dramatic photos, Remco. I would be nice to go to bed to the northern lights and wake up to the sunny mountains.

Jer
10-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Absolutely gorgeous photos. What a great light show in the night sky. That nice landscape photo involved lots of work.
Thanks Mike! I had a big screen tv in the rented house. But I didn't need it with this going on outside. And yes the panorama was not a very simple one. I wasn't sure my software would work on vertical photo's but it did!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Wonderful images of a wonderful place, thanks for posting them Remco.
Glad you liked them Heinrich! Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Remco, the pano is great -such detail. Love how you caught the Pleaides in the auroral shots. Nice foreground lighting on the fence. Light painting?
Really great work.
Thanks Colin! No light painting but the white church nearby had some very strong lights on it and that gave the foreground some more light.

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
An extraordinary set of stunning images.
Peter, thanks for the appreciation!

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Wonderful shots Remco - I think Norway would be a great place to visit.

Apparently there was an awesome aurora show here the other day - unfortunately I spent the duration of it sound asleep in bed
It sure is Robert! Many, many years ago whilst traveling trough Norway as a boy with my parents we met up with Canadian on a bicycle. He had just visited the town of Dale because that was his first name. He commented that the Norwegian landscape had al lot in common with Canada. And don't sweat missing the Northern Lights. For us in the south it is something really special. But you'll get another shot at it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Dramatic photos, Remco. I would be nice to go to bed to the northern lights and wake up to the sunny mountains.

Jer
That's pretty much what happened here Jer and I am rarher happy with it. Thanks!

Last edited by Fries; 10-15-2021 at 04:20 PM.
10-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just like all the others have said, a purely stunning show!
Angky.
10-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Just like all the others have said, a purely stunning show!
Angky.
Thanks Angky!
10-16-2021, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
It sure is Robert! Many, many years ago whilst traveling trough Norway as a boy with my parents we met up with Canadian on a bicycle. He had just visited the town of Dale because that was his first name. He commented that the Norwegian landscape had al lot in common with Canada. And don't sweat missing the Northern Lights. For us in the south it is something really special. But you'll get another shot at it!
One day I'll get over there...

As far as northern lights and "us in the South" - you're actually further north where you are at 533' latitude (going off your profile saying you're in Gauw), whereas here in Canada I'm actually at 5118' around 250km North of the US border (which is further north than 90% of Canadians!). I have had the opportunity to see them a couple times here, and a magnificent display up in the Yukon.

Sorry to derail the thread - just thought it was interesting to point out
10-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
One day I'll get over there...

As far as northern lights and "us in the South" - you're actually further north where you are at 533' latitude (going off your profile saying you're in Gauw), whereas here in Canada I'm actually at 5118' around 250km North of the US border (which is further north than 90% of Canadians!). I have had the opportunity to see them a couple times here, and a magnificent display up in the Yukon.

Sorry to derail the thread - just thought it was interesting to point out
Don't be sorry! Your point is interesting.
10-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
This is a continuation of the earlier thread about the fjords and landscapes around the small village of Bergsfjord in the most northern part of Norway. About fifty people live there. At night, if you are lucky as a photographer, you get to play with the Northern Lights.

Cheers,

Remco

1. A panorama made out of 32 vertical photo's on 150mm with the K-3III and the DFA150-450mm from a boat. This is Bergsfjord.

2. When it gets dark the fun starts!

Wonderful shots, they make me wish to live in more nortgern latitudes! Thank you for having described also the specific location.
Warm regards, .Maurizio