Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Whitby
Lens: Pentax K 135mm 3.5; Pentax K 28mm f 3.5 Camera: Pentax Mz 5 Photo Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire, UK ISO: 100 
Posted By: maucard, 10-16-2021, 03:12 AM

Few images taken in the small and romantic town of Whitby, which I had the opportunity to visit quite many years ago, in Novembre 2004. I hope to make another trip there, sometime. Shots are taken with a Pentax MZ5, using two manual K lenses and Kodak E100 VS slide film.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LS-8000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LS-8000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LS-8000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LS-8000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LS-8000  Photo 

Views: 451
10-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice set of images, it really gives you a feel for the place.
10-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a wonderful series of photos - a charming place, indeed.

Jer
10-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice set of images, it really gives you a feel for the place.

Many thanks for the kind words, Heinrich. Indeed, giving a feel of the place is precisely what I hope to obtain (not always wuth success, of course) in my landscape (or cityscape) photos.
Maurizio

---------- Post added 10-16-21 at 12:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a wonderful series of photos - a charming place, indeed.

Jer
Dear Jer,
I very much appreciated your kind comment! Yes, that place is particularly charming, and there is much to be explored photographycally.
Maurizio

Last edited by maucard; 10-16-2021 at 12:13 PM.
10-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series of photos. Looks like a nice place to live or visit.
10-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That slide film really did wonders for all the colors. And perfectly exposed!
Really nice collection of images of that little town.
Angky.
10-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for those lovely reminders of a place I visited in 1981. I’ve been wanting to go back there ever since, but had to content myself with my photos (taken with my K2DMD) and several books of photos by Frank Meadow Sutcliffe (taken much earlier).

10-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a wonderful place! You really caught the character of the town.
10-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice series of photos. Looks like a nice place to live or visit.
Indeed, this was my impression when I was there. Thank you for your kind comment.

---------- Post added 10-17-21 at 01:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
That slide film really did wonders for all the colors. And perfectly exposed!
Really nice collection of images of that little town.
Angky.
Thank you Angky! Yes, that slide film (Kodak E 100 VS) had particularly beautiful colors. The colors were highly saturated and "pure" . It was my preferred film for many years....

---------- Post added 10-17-21 at 02:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Thank you for those lovely reminders of a place I visited in 1981. I’ve been wanting to go back there ever since, but had to content myself with my photos (taken with my K2DMD) and several books of photos by Frank Meadow Sutcliffe (taken much earlier).
I'm glad you liked them. I' m happy to have found here another person who share the same "nostalgia" for that little place, visited many years ago... And thank you for letting me to discover Francis Meadow Sutcliffe. i did'nt know his work (my fault), but after reading your post I searched some of his photos on the internet and... wonderful, what an artist! I will search for some book with his photos, if I will find in commerce.

---------- Post added 10-17-21 at 02:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
What a wonderful place! You really caught the character of the town.
Yes, a wonderful place indeed! and I'm happy that my photos gave you this impression. Thank you for your kind comment!
Maurizio
10-17-2021, 10:38 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maucard Quote
I'm glad you liked them. I' m happy to have found here another person who share the same "nostalgia" for that little place, visited many years ago... And thank you for letting me to discover Francis Meadow Sutcliffe. i did'nt know his work (my fault), but after reading your post I searched some of his photos on the internet and... wonderful, what an artist! I will search for some book with his photos, if I will find in commerce.
Glad you discovered Sutcliffe’s work. I only knew his most famous ‘Water Rats’ photo before I visited Whitby, where I discovered a shop dedicated to his art, and bought the first of three books of his photos that I now have. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding some copies on line. I think I bought at least one from Book Depository in the UK.
10-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Glad you discovered Sutcliffe’s work. I only knew his most famous ‘Water Rats’ photo before I visited Whitby, where I discovered a shop dedicated to his art, and bought the first of three books of his photos that I now have. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding some copies on line. I think I bought at least one from Book Depository in the UK.
Thank you Rob for the additional information, I will start my research!