Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Heidelberg
Lens: Pentax M 28 mm f3.5 Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Heidelberg, Germany 
Posted By: maucard, 10-21-2021, 01:19 PM

Few images taken in the ancient center of Heidelberg (Germany). I was there for a job meeting in 2015, after that I had few hours for some shots (perhaps too much in "postcard" style ?).
Views: 489
10-21-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. I remember some of these scenes. I have them on slides somewhere (from 1999)
10-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maucard - great shots - I really like #3 - I was in Heidelburg around 2005/06 on business, and really enjoyed the winter market.
10-21-2021, 05:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nah, not too touristy at all. Great shots. I was through Heidelberg in 1976. I remember the great beer - Schlossquelle, I believe.

10-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In '62, fireworks over the river were so *splenderfull* ( I use to have the tri-x negatives )
10-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Nice shots. I remember some of these scenes. I have them on slides somewhere (from 1999)
I'm glad you liked them!

Best regards,
Maurizio

---------- Post added 10-22-21 at 02:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Maucard - great shots - I really like #3 - I was in Heidelburg around 2005/06 on business, and really enjoyed the winter market.
Thank you for the kind comment! Unfortunately I have not seen the winter market, maybe I will come there in the right period of the year next time...

---------- Post added 10-22-21 at 02:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Nah, not too touristy at all. Great shots. I was through Heidelberg in 1976. I remember the great beer - Schlossquelle, I believe.
Many thanks for the encouraging and kind comment! I had never the opportunity to taste that beer, it seems that I should definitely come back there sometime...

---------- Post added 10-22-21 at 02:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DeepThrob Quote
In '62, fireworks over the river were so *splenderfull* ( I use to have the tri-x negatives )
Fireworks over the river, they should have been fabulous!
10-23-2021, 12:18 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Postcards are popular for a reason Maurizio! In my humble opinion you nailed shots 3, 4, 5 and 6. They are all photo's with a clear point of interest and invite me to explore the rest of the photo. I don't know if I am able to get my point across but I would call these photo's ' layered'.

10-23-2021, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Postcards are popular for a reason Maurizio! In my humble opinion you nailed shots 3, 4, 5 and 6. They are all photo's with a clear point of interest and invite me to explore the rest of the photo. I don't know if I am able to get my point across but I would call these photo's ' layered'.
Remco, you are right, postcards should be considered as a photographic genre with its dignity! I believe to understand what you mean about the 4 photos that you liked most. They are "layered", if I understood, because they have different elements of interest at different distance, and all of them conduct the eye towards the main elememt in the background...
Thank you for your interesting comment!
10-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maucard Quote
Remco, you are right, postcards should be considered as a photographic genre with its dignity! I believe to understand what you mean about the 4 photos that you liked most. They are "layered", if I understood, because they have different elements of interest at different distance, and all of them conduct the eye towards the main elememt in the background...
Thank you for your interesting comment!
Exactly what I wanted to convey!
10-24-2021, 09:05 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A wonderful series - looks like a magical place, compared with the steel and concrete of a city like Houston. I've been to Germany a few times, but never - unfortunately - to Heidelberg.

Jer
10-24-2021, 01:11 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A wonderful series - looks like a magical place, compared with the steel and concrete of a city like Houston. I've been to Germany a few times, but never - unfortunately - to Heidelberg.

Jer
Many thanks for the kind comment Jer. Yes, in my short trip I had exactly this impression, of a place quite magical, where it could be nice to live.
10-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice series, thanks for taken us along on your trip.
10-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice series, thanks for taken us along on your trip.
I'm glad of your appreciation, thank you Heinrich!

Last edited by maucard; 10-25-2021 at 12:49 PM.