Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Sunset On A Delicate Arch
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA f:1.8 77mm Camera: K-1 ii Photo Location: Sacramento Valley ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: angkymac, 10-21-2021, 04:07 PM

There's something about that 77mm LTD that creates magic!
If I am wandering around aimlessly in an unkempt field of dead weeds at sundown, then if I put that 77 LTD on my camera, something magic appears!
It seems to happen every time sunset comes; if I slip that magic ring on my finge---OOPS!...
...When I click that 77mm into my camera, suddenly I see things magically!

Well, I'll admit that it doesn't work for everybody...!
But I thought I saw enough magic in this delicate arch between two plants whose lives faded to dry while reaching out--
Enough magic, anyway, that I took the shot.

Sunset just touching on a delicate arch--the very last rays of the top of the sun slipping below the distant hills.

I know, it's not for everybody; but if you see the magic, enjoy it!
Angky.
PS: Image not cropped. Post processing was just increasing contrast enough to darken the already dim background.
That 77mm did the rest of it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 265
10-22-2021, 06:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The darkening of the background allowed the vision of the arch to stand out without clutter in the background. Nice shot.
10-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! I really like the golden hues against the black background. I always like these kinds of images.
10-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The darkening of the background allowed the vision of the arch to stand out without clutter in the background. Nice shot.
Thank you. That low sunset made the background dark; I only had to adjust it a bit.
Angky.

---------- Post added 10-22-21 at 10:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice! I really like the golden hues against the black background. I always like these kinds of images.
That gold really captured my eye also--from the sunset's last rays.
This kind of image doesn't appeal to everyone, but I sure like the simplicity!
And glad to know that you like these images!
Angky.