Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Up and down; some landscape shots near the fjords of Northern Norway.
Lens: DFA 150-40, Samyang 24mm F1.4, DA*300mm Camera: K-1, K-3III Photo Location: Bergsfjord, Norway 
Posted By: Fries, 10-23-2021, 01:35 PM

I have had the pleasure to present some photo's from this area earlier on. Here are some more! In this southern, coastal part of the province of Finnmark it is a wild country going up and down from sea level to glaciers.

Cheers,

Remco

1. Going down

2. Rising up from the sea; where the end of the island of Silda meets the open sea. That is here on the map.

3. Big rock.

4. Erosion.

5. A peak peeking trough.

6. Bergsfjord church.

Views: 308
10-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series. A rugged and obviously cold landscape - I cannot imagine living somewhere like that.
10-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Dear Remco, thank you for this beautiful and interesting description of a splendid geographical region which I would like to visit. I apreciated the captions and also the link to google map! I like the whole series, and in particular I found the last one to be truly wonderful for light and composition.
10-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

What an excellent series Remco! Thanks for sharing the area with us all

10-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a beautiful and dramatic place. Mountains - big mountains - rising out of the ocean. Great shot, Remco.

Jer
10-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another set of exceptional photos. Rugged and beautiful territory. Thanks for posting.
10-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Stupendous images!
I scrolled up and down through the up and down shots.
Angky.

10-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Nice series. A rugged and obviously cold landscape - I cannot imagine living somewhere like that.
Thanks Peter! Rugged, yes. But it isn't that cold because it is on the coast near the sea. But they're lot's of people who don't want to live there either. The national government has incentives in place to prevent people leaving the most northern provinces and even go live there. The last news I read about that the province of Finnmark is that the population is still declining. I could imagine living there. The problem for me is finding a way to earn a living!

QuoteOriginally posted by maucard Quote
Dear Remco, thank you for this beautiful and interesting description of a splendid geographical region which I would like to visit. I apreciated the captions and also the link to google map! I like the whole series, and in particular I found the last one to be truly wonderful for light and composition.
Thank you Maurizio for your generous compliments! In the last one the light hitting the tree's and the church really made a difference.

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
What an excellent series Remco! Thanks for sharing the area with us all
Thanks Robert and I am glad you liked them!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a beautiful and dramatic place. Mountains - big mountains - rising out of the ocean. Great shot, Remco.

Jer
Thanks Jer! Imagine sailing along this coast... I once met some people doing exactly that in a sturdy steel sailing ship.

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Another set of exceptional photos. Rugged and beautiful territory. Thanks for posting.
And thank you for kind remarks Mike!

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Stupendous images!
I scrolled up and down through the up and down shots.
Angky.
It is a special place Angky. That is why I keep on going back to these northern area's year after year. Thanks!
10-31-2021, 10:49 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#1 and #5 are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
10-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdog2006 Quote
#1 and #5 are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
And thank you for noticing it and taking the time to comment!