Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sugar farmer
Lens: DFA 150-450 Camera: K3iii Photo Location: Eden, NSW ISO: 10000 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: RobG, 11-04-2021, 04:04 AM

Sugar Farmer
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

The Bell Miner farms insects which suck the sap from Eucalyptus leaves and exude a sugary substance known as lerp. You can see the white spots on the other leaves. The Bellbirds then lick the lerp off the leaves. Sadly, this can eventually kill the trees. Eden, NSW.
Views: 310
11-04-2021, 05:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent image Rob, and very informative. The details of the bird's face are so well captured!
11-04-2021, 06:45 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No problem picking out the subject of this photo. Great capture of this bird that seems intent on completing his task. Love this birds color and photo composition.
11-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Excellent image Rob, and very informative. The details of the bird's face are so well captured!
Thank you! I have several of the same bird, but I felt that this one told the story best.

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
No problem picking out the subject of this photo. Great capture of this bird that seems intent on completing his task. Love this birds color and photo composition.
Thanks! I could have cropped it tighter, but I wanted to ensure that I left in the white spots on the leaves around the edges of the image since the lerp on the leaf next to his bill isn't visible.

11-04-2021, 09:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fascinating story, and fascinating, that bird's face--(also as Todd pointed out).
The bird's coloration also gets my attention--sort of an olive color, but including golden.
Angky.
11-04-2021, 11:19 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Fascinating story, and fascinating, that bird's face--(also as Todd pointed out).
The bird's coloration also gets my attention--sort of an olive color, but including golden.
Thanks! Yes, they have a kind of wattle tree green and gold combination happening!