Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Contrasting elements
Lens: F 70-210 f4.7-5.6, DFA* 70-200 f.2.8, DFA 150-450 4.5-5.6, FA 20 mm f2.8 Camera: Kx, K1 II, K3 Photo Location: Abruzzo (IT) 
Posted By: maucard, 11-06-2021, 08:07 AM

The hilly, farmed landscape shown in my previous posts has two borders: the Adriatic sea at the North-East, and the Central Apennine at the South-West. Here the contrasts between these different landscapes in six photos (comments and critics are welcome).

1. Adriatic coast from Roseto (Pentax Kx with F 70-210 f4.7-5.6)
2. Adriatic coast from Tortoreto (Pentax K1 II with HD DFA* 70-200 f.2.8)
3. Mount Camicia and Mount Prena (Gran Sasso) from Mosciano (Pentax K1 II with DFA 150-450 4.5-5.6)
4. Mount Camicia and Mount Prena (Gran Sasso) from Mosciano (Pentax K1 II with HD DFA* 70-200 f.2.8)
5. The hills and the Adriatic coast from Mount Camicia (Pentax K3 with FA 20 mm f2.8)
6. The hills and the Adriatic coast from Mount Camicia, detail (Pentax K3 with FA 20 mm f2.8)

Regards,
Maurizio

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by maucard; 11-06-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Correcting the title
Views: 563
11-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots. Particularly like the shots with the snow capped mountains in the backgrounds of the farmland. Also like shot with the farmland above the city and sea and the rugged peaks in the clouds. Might as well say I like them all. Thanks again for posting and providing info about the lay of the land.
11-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Italia è bellissima !!!!
11-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very superlative images!
That mountain / cliff is very similar to one I shoot in the Sierra Nevadas of California. But the rock is a very different rock.
Yours appears to be sedimentary. Ours, I'm told, is granite.
(The clouds appear to be the same as ours--water droplets, or some such thing.)
But you have used them beautifully!
Both geologies produce stunning images when photographed as you have done!
Thanks, as was said, for the info and the images!
Angky.

11-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Great shots. Particularly like the shots with the snow capped mountains in the backgrounds of the farmland. Also like shot with the farmland above the city and sea and the rugged peaks in the clouds. Might as well say I like them all. Thanks again for posting and providing info about the lay of the land.
Mike, I appreciated very much your comment and the compliments, I' m happy you liked this series. Many thanks!

---------- Post added 11-07-21 at 11:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Italia è bellissima !!!!
Grazie mille Richard, thank you for your kind appreciation of my country! And I know that also Canada is absolutely stunning!

---------- Post added 11-07-21 at 11:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Very superlative images!
That mountain / cliff is very similar to one I shoot in the Sierra Nevadas of California. But the rock is a very different rock.
Yours appears to be sedimentary. Ours, I'm told, is granite.
(The clouds appear to be the same as ours--water droplets, or some such thing.)
But you have used them beautifully!
Both geologies produce stunning images when photographed as you have done!
Thanks, as was said, for the info and the images!
Angky.
Dear Angky, many thanks for your interesting comment and for the compliments! You are right, the rocks of Mount Camicia are of sedimentary nature (limestone). It is nice to know that there is a similar mountain in California, albeit with different rocks.

Last edited by maucard; 11-07-2021 at 11:31 AM.