Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fall colors from Petit Jean MTN
Lens: Sigma 10-20 DC Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Petit Jean State Park ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 11-20-2021, 08:13 PM

Went to get some more images with fall colors before the wind and rain blows them all away. Thanks for viewing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 298
11-22-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Went to get some more images with fall colors before the wind and rain blows them all away. Thanks for viewing.
Nice "colors".
Lately, our trees have taken turns changing from green, then losing their leaves before the next one changes.
This year, we had a rain and wind-storm that filled our gutters while some tree leaves had died but others were still green.

You need to get several type of trees changing at the same time to get true "colors", not just "green", "brown", and something else.
In the last photo, in particular, I see "yellow", "orange", and "red" - plus still some "green".
11-22-2021, 08:47 AM   #3
5ks
Pentaxian

Great scenery, pretty pictures. Did you only have the UWA Sigma with you? For some "fall color capturing", a narrower FOV could have been a useful alternative?
11-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Nice "colors".
Lately, our trees have taken turns changing from green, then losing their leaves before the next one changes.
This year, we had a rain and wind-storm that filled our gutters while some tree leaves had died but others were still green.

You need to get several type of trees changing at the same time to get true "colors", not just "green", "brown", and something else.
In the last photo, in particular, I see "yellow", "orange", and "red" - plus still some "green".
Thanks for viewing and you comments. Our fall colors came pretty late this year. We actually thought we had waited too long to get good colors, but we were surprised. We've had rain and winds since this visit last week. Probably fading now.

---------- Post added 11-22-21 at 12:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 5ks Quote
Great scenery, pretty pictures. Did you only have the UWA Sigma with you? For some "fall color capturing", a narrower FOV could have been a useful alternative?
Thank you for your comments. I did have another lens with me, a Sigma 18-250, but the views were expansive and I never mounted that lens. The UWA lens also allowed me to take other shots of large subjects that I could not have gotten otherwise. I'll be posting some of those shots soon
Mike