Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Moon, planets, Venus as evening star
Lens: HD Pentax-D FA 1:2.8_24-70mm_ED SDM WR Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Hohenstaufen, Germany ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: Unregistered User, 11-22-2021, 06:10 AM

A good evening to all Night Sky lovers & photographers among the PENTAXians in this forum

I am Borealis and quite new here... On November 8, 2021, I took this (31 mm) photograph, originally posted with 7360 x 4912 pixels/1.46 MB, hopelessly downsized by Pentaxforums to 53.4 kB (!!). From left to right the original (9.7 MB, which I reduced to acceptable 1.46 MB for e-mail-attachment) shows Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation Capricornus, then moon and Venus as evening star. For brightness reasons I had bought the SAMYANG 1:1.4 / 35 mm AS UMC lens, but this lens is not supported by the fourfold K-1 lens correction system and it is much more difficult to focus than the HD Pentax-D FA 1:2.8 / 24-70mm ED SDM WR lens. To learn that the SAMANG lens wasn't necessary at all cost me € 475,00... I would appreciate to share experiences of PENTAXians who also work with the 2.8/28-70 lens (and other lenses, of course).

IF ANYONE HERE CAN TELL ME HOW TO AVOID HOPELESS DOWNSIZING IN THIS FORUM I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL !!!

Wishing you many clear skies,

Borealis

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 298
11-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very interesting shot with illumination in the clouds above by the moon and below by the city lights. Sort of gives balance to the photo.
This link give instructions for uploads: How to upload / link photos - BEGINNERS START HERE - PentaxForums.com
11-22-2021, 05:55 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Regardless of the necessary down-sizing, this image is captivating!
Others will be able to recommend solutions, but I was told of a workaround where you can post full-size in Flickr and then link to that image.
Angky.
11-22-2021, 09:49 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nicely done! As for downsizing I (primarily) host images on Flickr and link to it with a downsized image here, as angkymac explained.