Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Leslie Dam, Warwick, Queensland, Australia, the lowest it's been in many years.
Lens: Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Warwick, Queensland, Australia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Raff, 11-25-2021, 10:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Here is my photo for consideration.

As the title states, it's of Leslie Dam, the main water supply for the city of Warwick in Queensland, Australia. When I visited it in 2019, it was at it's lowest level in mnay years and heavy water restrictions were in place.

Taken with my much loved Pentax K-5 and Tamron lens.

My current kit of cameras includes a trusty K100D, shortly to be given to my sister who is learning to use a D-SLR for the first time. A much used K200D I bought very cheaply as its full of sand. A K-7 I gave to my wife as she too is learning photography, and my much loved K-5 that I bought used but well looked after. Oh and I have, but don't use anymore a K-1000 ( who doesn't have one of these tanks), and a well used old Spotmatic.

I'd love a K-70 as I'd consider it as an upgrade from the K-5 in a few areas including video modes, and of course the screen being articulated, which is really my only minor gripe about the K-5!

Thanks and regards,
Raff. Lerro

Attached Images

Last edited by Raff; 11-25-2021 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Read the rules again :P
Views: 236
11-26-2021, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot! It should have some more water in it after this latest wet weather event that we`re in the middle of now!
11-26-2021, 03:28 AM   #3

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Amateur (Ham) radio callsign VK4KQ
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments,

Yes it's a bit fuller now, I was out that way last weeking hoping it was spilling over, not yet!

If the rain continues, i may have to go back west and see if it does spill over, will make for an excellent photo op I reckon.
11-26-2021, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice pic - is this a current photo? Just checking cos the rules state photos must be taken between November 25 - December 31, 2021.

11-26-2021, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Raff Quote
Hi everyone,

Here is my photo for consideration.

As the title states, it's of Leslie Dam, the main water supply for the city of Warwick in Queensland, Australia. When I visited it in 2019, it was at it's lowest level in mnay years and heavy water restrictions were in place.

Taken with my much loved Pentax K-5 and Tamron lens.

My current kit of cameras includes a trusty K100D, shortly to be given to my sister who is learning to use a D-SLR for the first time. A much used K200D I bought very cheaply as its full of sand. A K-7 I gave to my wife as she too is learning photography, and my much loved K-5 that I bought used but well looked after. Oh and I have, but don't use anymore a K-1000 ( who doesn't have one of these tanks), and a well used old Spotmatic.

I'd love a K-70 as I'd consider it as an upgrade from the K-5 in a few areas including video modes, and of course the screen being articulated, which is really my only minor gripe about the K-5!

Thanks and regards,
Raff. Lerro
Amazing how the sun reflected on all the lenses in your lens. Love It.
11-26-2021, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice pic. You seem to have a place for the K-70...
11-29-2021, 09:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the kind and constructive comments!

11-29-2021, 09:27 PM   #8

Original Poster
I've added this new photo of the dam, this time from the spillway side. It's hard to get a good shot as there is a high wire fence in the way.

Pity it's not spilling over, yet, although if the rains continue, I may be back once again for the spillway shot!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo