Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Thanksgiving at the Riparian Park
Lens: Sigma 170-500mm APO DG Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Gilbert, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 12-05-2021, 09:53 AM

I went to the Riparian park Thanksgiving morning and just went through the shots I got. The head on shot of the pelican amuses me

Views: 243
12-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
5ks
Pentaxian

Wonderful creatures and great captures! It's a joy to see them. Thanks for sharing.
12-05-2021, 05:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love the photos that you get at this park. Good variety, a red eared slider close up, two pelicans in flight, and a finely detailed capture of a starling. The second pelican looks like it is awaiting final instructions for landing. Good work.
12-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The turtle is the one that amuses me.
That pelican shot is fascinating to be sure!
Difference between him and a 747 is that the cabin windows on the Pelican don't move.
Wide-body jet plane banking for the final turn before landing, but his head is just straight on--eyes fixed right on you!
But he sure is a ridiculous looking fella!
Angky.

12-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Outstanding photographs!
My folks used to live in Gilbert. I used to live in Queen Creek. I miss AZ.
12-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5ks Quote
Wonderful creatures and great captures! It's a joy to see them. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Love the photos that you get at this park. Good variety, a red eared slider close up, two pelicans in flight, and a finely detailed capture of a starling. The second pelican looks like it is awaiting final instructions for landing. Good work.
For some reason the pelican landing reminds me of the the old Disney movie The Rescuers, granted that was an albatross. Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
The turtle is the one that amuses me.That pelican shot is fascinating to be sure!Difference between him and a 747 is that the cabin windows on the Pelican don't move.Wide-body jet plane banking for the final turn before landing, but his head is just straight on--eyes fixed right on you!But he sure is a ridiculous looking fella!Angky.
All the turtle needs is some shades. Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by sarge Quote
Outstanding photographs!My folks used to live in Gilbert. I used to live in Queen Creek. I miss AZ.
This is the time of the year to be here, just too busy for me to get out much until after the holidays. Thank you and Semper Fi.
12-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Thank you

For some reason the pelican landing reminds me of the the old Disney movie The Rescuers, granted that was an albatross. Thank you

All the turtle needs is some shades. Thank you

This is the time of the year to be here, just too busy for me to get out much until after the holidays. Thank you and Semper Fi.
Agreed! I loved fall and winter out there

12-06-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
+1 to that, terrific images!
12-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Nice captures!