Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
My Pocket Dump
Lens: Pentax 18-55 Camera: Pentax-Kr Photo Location: in my studio ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F25 
Posted By: ahmadmuqri, 12-07-2021, 06:21 PM

Hi there everyone, first and foremost I would like to thank the admin for being able to make this photo contest giveaway. I am very delighted to join, as this is what our passion is all about. Taking pictures and share it to people around us especially those from this community. I am an autodidactic photographer as I never received or went to any proper photography classes. Plus, it is fun to explore things on your own. Things might now work out the way you want at first but eventually, you will get to it one day !

A Short Story on How This Photo was Taken.

This photo was taken on 5th of December. It was a very hectic day, and God knows what I had been through lately. It was late, near to midnight, I suppose, couldn't recall the time because I was too tired to even lock at the clock on my wall.

As I walked into my room, I started to dump every single things inside my pocket on the bed and sat right next to it. And you know we all have those moments in life where we just stare blankly at the wall while our mind just running all over the places, thinking of the "why(s)". Just as I about to get myself a nice warm shower and hit the bed, I took a glance on my right side and saw my pocket-dump things laying on that side of the bed. I smiled and,

Guess what? A sudden flow of idea came into my mine. I grab all of my pocket dumps and throw it on my workstation. I want it be scattered just as how I dump it on my bed as soon as I entered my room earlier. I grab my DSLR (Pentax K-r) which I've been using since 2011 up until now and turn my idea into a reality. As I finished with that short session, I sat there smiling on my own while looking at the pictures that I just snapped, I monologued "What a day".

It's funny how our life could change in a split second, but Lord knows and He is there with us all the time. He shall not put us on test which beyond our capabilities to solve it. I was so emotional and a few teardrops just went down from my eyes' stream. This is a special photo for me because the story behind it taught me a good lesson in life.

I enter this giveaway solely because I would love to get an upgrade from my current DSLR which is Pentax K-r. It is a great camera and my dad and I had been using it for a decade or so. Have captured us a lot of memories ever since I was a small kid hahahaha. Good old times yeah.

However, as the time past by, I realized that my current one have some bottlenecks that set me back from exploring into new things. One of it is, we couldn't capture our memories together during tough weather and it is really sad, as our generations continue to grow, those minions (kids) tend to play during the rainy season and it was somehow quite disappointed as I couldn't capture those moments with them. I wish I could do that, probably gonna show to them again when they are older.

Using the same camera, I often brought it with me for jungle trekking or hiking in our national forest reserve (National Parks). Yes, I did that a couple of times. To get away from people and join the nature. Calmness is what I seek for but unfortunately, I have trouble recording my video as it does not meet up with the current standards quality. I really WISH that the video resolution is way way higher. Of course, I couldn't get that unless I bought myself a new body.

Regardless of all that, I happy to own this magnificent Pentax K-r. Still remember how my Dad's reaction when he managed to bought this camera 10 years ago after almost a year of savings. Well during that time, his salary wasn't really enough and he got us to feed and take care too. Also, I was skeptical when he bought this camera since in my country the C and N brands dominate the market.

He told me "Son, this brand holds a lot of memories between me and your late grandfather. He once owned this particular brand way back in the 80s. During that time Pentax is at the peak of the mountain, whoever owns it will have everyone's attention. And your late grandfather even have a secret place to keep it safe, you know just in case "

I will never forget that story he told me. Looking at my dad getting older now. I decided that the first picture I will capture using the Pentax K-70 (if I win this contest) would be a picture of my dad and I. If you are reading it up until here, I would like to thank you for your time spent. I would like to apologize in advance if my writing hurts anyone reading it and also for my bad grammar or presentation. Thank you so much, sending love to everyone.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Views: 377
12-07-2021, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If I had a choice, the K-70 would go to you. Thanks so much for sharing your story. It is heartfelt and moving. By the way, I do like the image of the assorted tools that you carry daily. Good luck.
12-07-2021, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #3

Location: No. 43, Lorong IM8/34, Taman Mahkota Putra, Bandar Indera Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia.
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
If I had a choice, the K-70 would go to you. Thanks so much for sharing your story. It is heartfelt and moving. By the way, I do like the image of the assorted tools that you carry daily. Good luck.
Hi MikeNArk,

Never have I ever share this story to anyone as I am a hoarder kind of a person too. But I guess the story is worth to tell, and I choose this community since photographing isn’t just about snapping pictures but the story you can tell every moments you captured. I am truly honoured that you have read the whole story. Thank you so much for your appreciation. I am really thankful and grateful to be part of this community. Should have join you guys sooner !

Regards,
Muqri
12-27-2021, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #4

thank you for sharing some of your story and personality!I wish you all the best!

12-27-2021, 05:12 AM   #5

Location: No. 43, Lorong IM8/34, Taman Mahkota Putra, Bandar Indera Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia.
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nap_746 Quote
thank you for sharing some of your story and personality!I wish you all the best!
You’re welcome. I really appreciate that and thank you so much for your time spent on reading it. Have a nice day ! Thanks for wish too !
12-27-2021, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice image. You have some handy tools there. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with the drawing!
12-27-2021, 07:23 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nice image. You have some handy tools there. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with the drawing!
Those are my every-day-carry (EDC) stuffs. I wouldn’t left my house without those things in my pockets. I usually rotate my knife but the one in the picture have been stuck with me for weeks hahaha. You are welcome sir, I really appreciate that. Thanks for the compliment and the wish too!