Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-70 Giveaway, Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
Lens: 18-55m Camera: K-S1 Photo Location: Detroit, MI 
Posted By: Rocky714, 12-07-2021, 09:12 PM

Yes, this is a craven attempt at winning a new Pentax. I've been a loyal Pentax user since my first, an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic given to me by my father. My main rig is the K-S1 used to take this picture at my daughter's hosting of her first family Thanksgiving and her hobby of decorating charcuterie boards. I'm still a fairly basic photographer but I'm approaching retirement and starting to get more serious with about my photography again. A new K-70 would go a long way to help me take advantage of the newer features that would help usher me into better shooting.

Beyond the additional resolution, the low light capability of the camera would've helped the sharpness of the attachment. While the resolution was lowered for uploading to this thread, the additional sensitivity would have improved this shot because a flash would not have worked well in this situation and carrying professional lighting while traveling and into someone else's house (even if it is my daughter's) would not have been feasible. The higher ISO capability would have made the colors pop with the natural lighting. The improved video capabilities would have made family video taking more attractive as well.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity.

-Rocky714

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S1  Photo 

Views: 266
12-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Just did a quick edit of your thread to change it from Abstract to Pentax K-70 Giveaway................good luck.
12-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a very good food presentation. Good luck in the contest.
12-08-2021, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Just did a quick edit of your thread to change it from Abstract to Pentax K-70 Giveaway................good luck.
Thank you for your assistance.
This one does make me hungry - in addition to being a worthy entry that deserved consideration.