Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Are Hobbits Around Here?
Posted By: angkymac, 12-09-2021, 03:15 PM

The area didn't seem to have much photogenic appeal.
But as the sun set, it seemed to change into a different land--like something to try.
This was a shot I tried over a year ago when I first started getting serious about post processing digital.
And I certainly didn't have much experience with wide angle lenses. So it's a learning shot.
Any helpfull comments will be appreciated.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 574
12-12-2021, 07:09 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote

Well, here is a funny point about this image.
That white area is just the color of the soil on this ridge, and it is there because of a lot of jeep traffic of folks too disinterested in the scenery to walk out there. They just drive.
But at the end of the road, there is a huge rock, and that rock is the bullet stop for people who like to set up targets to plink at.
That is how I found out about the place, then happened to be there as the sun was setting and saw the transformation in the scene.
The appearance of a stream is due to the grooving in the soil from water washing it in heavy rain storms--it is a stream at that time.
Angky.
Amazing. I guess the lack of scale reference fooled me entirely. Looks like a watercourse to my eye. On further study, I see what you mean, but it wasn't at all obvious at first. A very interesting image!